Senior Manager, Portfolio Compliance
Job Type: Full time
We are Australia's largest superannuation fund, here to help members achieve their best possible retirement outcome. We create meaningful value for members and our communities through our diverse workforce of high performing, motivated employees, based across Australia.
Your new team
Our Investment Compliance and Operational Risk Team (ICOR) is the First Line Risk Team that supports the Investments and Finance & Operations Groups in meeting their compliance and operational risk management accountabilities. The Team plays a key role in frameworks, policy and regulatory implementation, strategic projects, and is dedicated to identifying efficient and effective ways to uplift the control environment. Dedicated to continuous improvement, the ICOR team is led by managers who advocate for their people, are open and approachable and who share their knowledge. Our environment enables you to seize exciting career opportunities, to feel trusted and respected, and to lead a fulfilling life with true workplace flexibility.
Your new role
As the Senior Manager Portfolio Compliance, you will be responsible for leading and managing a global team that oversees the Fund's compliance with investment mandates and other limits. You will act as a trusted advisor to the Investment and Finance & Operations Groups in compliance matters relevant to the Fund's investment activities.
Some key duties include, but not limited to:
- Actively manage the performance and development of the Australian-based Portfolio Compliance team.
- Actively work with and guide UK-based colleagues to ensure the follow the sun operating model operates effectively and issues are escalated to head office appropriately.
- Manage the internal mandate framework, including the design and maintenance of all internal mandates at the Option, Asset Class and portfolio level for each asset class team.
- Manage and oversee the pre- and post-trade compliance monitoring processes across Australia and the UK to ensure daily compliance activities are completed.
- Responsible for the Fund's regulatory investment oversight and filing program (e.g. substantial shareholding requirements domestic and globally, sanctions and other market-specific filings and restrictions).
- Regularly engage with the broader Investment Compliance Regulatory team to keep abreast of regulatory and industry changes and ensure these are reflected in Portfolio Compliance processes.
What you'll need
- Minimum 10 years' experience in an investment operations or compliance function with an institutional investment organisation (bank, global fund manager, industry fund, asset consultant, etc.).
- Detailed knowledge of all investment instruments.
- Prior investment compliance experience, including pre- and post-trade activities.
- Strong written and oral communication/interpersonal skills with the ability to represent ideas, perspectives, and issues to senior management.
- Preparedness to positively challenge internal stakeholder and external vendor assertions
- Ability to influence decision-making.
What you'll get in return
You will be working with a People Leader who values and supports your personal growth, in a growing, dynamic and authentic organisation that promotes integrity and puts members first
We are proud to be a WGEA certified Employer of Choice for Gender Equality (since 2012). We are committed to the recruitment, development, and support of a diverse workforce into an environment which is inclusive, embraces diversity in all its forms and is a place where you can be you.
All roles can flex at AustralianSuper, and we are happy to discuss what this can look like for you. Please talk to us about the flexibility you are seeking, and we will explore what is possible for this role.
Other benefits include a competitive salary, genuine flexible working arrangements, income protection insurance and generous leave entitlements.
Please apply now, if you share our values of Energy, Integrity, Generosity of Spirit and Excellent Outcomes and would like the opportunity to work in a challenging, growing and rapidly evolving team to deliver outstanding results.
Progress, powered by purpose.
Agencies please note: this vacancy is being managed directly by AustralianSuper's Recruitment team. We will contact our preferred agency partners should we require additional support. Thank you