Senior API Engineer
Job Type: Full time
- We make a difference, delivering outcomes for our millions of members
- Flexible and inclusive work environment
- Exciting growth, coupled with support to help you develop your career
At AustralianSuper, we truly care about our colleagues. We know work and life are intertwined. That's why we support the diverse needs of everyone and have policies that enable us all to thrive and be truly flexible. We ensure diversity is celebrated for the opportunity it provides us all to learn and grow, and ultimately to deliver better outcomes for members.
Your new role
Reporting to the Network and Integration Manager, the Senior API Engineer is a technical specialist role, focusing on the operational management and continuous improvement of the Fund's API environment (including API development, engineering and platform management). This includes platform oversight and governance, technical engineering, operational management, as well as ensuring alignment to the Funds processes, standards, and best practices.
The role will actively champion continuous improvement to ensure technology platforms remain current as well as being responsible for delivery of new APIs into the environment. The role includes working collaboratively with other Technology Services colleagues, including architects, systems engineers, and delivery teams.
Key responsibilities will include;
- Provide operational management of the Azure APIM platform, including management of build and configuration activities, monitoring and alerting, and lifecycle management
- Manage and maintain documentation for all APIs and Azure APIM configuration, including as-builts
- Provide operational support for all APIs and the Azure APIM platform, including incident resolution and problem management
- Develop new APIs in conjunction with delivery teams, and deliver enhancements on existing APIs
- Ensure all APIs (including vendor-delivered) are fully documented, and align to the Funds processes, standards, and best practices, including Architectural and Design standards
- Manage transition to operations for vendor-delivered APIs
- Provide oversight and governance of the API environment
- Act as a SME and escalation point for level 1 and level 2 teams where they are unable to resolve an issue, including support outside of normal business hours as required
- Identify opportunities to train level 1 and level 2 teams to take on additional BAU work
What you'll need
The successful applicant will be an experience technology specialist, passionate about development and engineering, and striving for improvement across technology operations. In addition you will bring;
- Deep experience in technical positions, including API gateways and API development, ideally in a complex, technical environment
- High level of competence and experience with Java and HCL (HashiCorp Configuration Language)
- Deep experience in Terraform and code driven pipelines using Azure DevOps
- Excellent and demonstrable technical knowledge and understanding of Azure APIM and Axway API Gateway
- In-depth understanding and working knowledge of ITIL and other relevant ITSM frameworks
- Experience in a fast-growing technology function or company
- Collaborative, articulate and persuasive
- Ability to develop and maintain high quality interpersonal relationships with stakeholders at all levels, both within and outside the Fund
More than a set of skills, we are looking for someone who is curious, collaborative, great at communicating, and is always willing to learn.
Life at AustralianSuper
AustralianSuper is committed to colleague development, and we support our people with ongoing learning, coaching and training, as well as career opportunities across our expanding global organisation. We offer generous leave entitlements and promote a blended working environment in which all roles can flex, and we're happy to discuss what this looks like for you.
We are committed to supporting our diverse workforce in a way that is inclusive and embraces diversity in all its forms. If you require any reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process or the role, please let our recruitment team know.
Apply now, if you share our values of Energy, Integrity, Generosity of Spirit and Excellent Outcomes and would like the opportunity to work in a challenging, growing and rapidly evolving team to deliver outstanding results.
Australian or New Zealand citizenship or Australian permanent residency status is required.
Progress, powered by purpose.