Analyst, Private Market & Fund Operations
Job Type: Full time
At AustralianSuper, we truly care about our colleagues. We know work and life are intertwined. That's why we support the diverse needs of everyone and have policies that enable us all to thrive and be truly flexible. We ensure diversity is celebrated for the opportunity it provides us all to learn and grow and deliver better outcomes for members.
Your new role
This role sits within the Investment Operations function. The main responsibility of this role is to implement public and private market investment activity. You will also be seen as a key support to the broader Private Markets and Fund Operations team by ensuring effective and efficient implementation of mergers and strategic investment changes. You will often be the operations go-to representative on transaction and investment activity and work closely with investment and operation teams.
Some key tasks but not limited to;
- Operations coordination and delivery of private market transaction investment activity.
- Production of runbooks to ensure investment implementation success.
- Support and implementation of incoming assets for fund mergers.
- Support for coordination and delivery of fund restructures or other strategic changes.
- Opening, maintenance and closure of portfolios with the funds custodian and internal teams.
- Contribute to efficiency initiatives within the Private Market & Fund Operations team and broader Investment business.
- Develop collaborative working relationships with stakeholders, internal teams and external service providers.
- Contribute to the Private Market & Fund Operations team workflow to ensure the effective and efficient delivery of all Private Market & Fund Operations service deliverables.
- Contribute as a SME on Private Market Operations projects when required.
- Ensure that the Private Markets & Fund Operations team appropriately contribute to the ongoing provision of all Investment Operations services and service standards required by the global Asset Class teams to effectively manage the Investment Portfolio.
What you'll need
- Ideally have 4 + years' experience with strong understanding of custodian, fund accounting and unit pricing processes.
- Knowledge of and experience working with Private Market assets and their operational lifecycle events.
- A tertiary qualification in Business, Accounting, Finance or Treasury disciplines.
- Exposure to ABOR data management, Fund Accounting, Investment Operations or Investment Governance.
- Experience with the preparation of financial and management accounts.
- Meticulous attention to detail and pride in performance.
Life at AustralianSuper
AustralianSuper is committed to colleague development, and we support our people with ongoing learning, coaching and training, as well as career opportunities across our expanding global organisation. We offer generous leave entitlements and promote a blended working environment in which all roles can flex, and we're happy to discuss what this looks like for you.
We are committed to supporting our diverse workforce in a way that is inclusive and embraces diversity in all its forms. If you require any reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process or the role, please let our recruitment team know.
Apply now, if you share our values of Energy, Integrity, Generosity of Spirit and Excellent Outcomes and would like the opportunity to work in a challenging, growing and rapidly evolving team to deliver outstanding results.
Australian or New Zealand citizenship or Australian permanent residency status is required.
Progress powered by purpose.