Senior Network Operations Engineer
Job Type: Full time
At AustralianSuper, we truly care about our colleagues. We know work and life are intertwined. That's why we support the diverse needs of everyone and have policies that enable us all to thrive and be truly flexible. We ensure diversity is celebrated for the opportunity it provides us all to learn and grow and deliver better outcomes for members.
Your new role
Reporting to the Network and Integration Manager, the Network Operations Engineer is a hands-on technical operations role, focusing on the operational management and support of the Fund's network environment (including cloud networks, SD-WAN, LAN, wireless, load balancer and security platforms including firewalls). This role includes operational management, technical engineering, as well as ensuring alignment to the Funds processes, standards, and best practices. The role will actively champion continuous improvement to ensure technology platforms remain current. The role includes working collaboratively with other Technology Services colleagues, including architects, systems engineers, and delivery teams.
The successful applicant will be technical engineer who is passionate about network operations and striving for improvement across technology. More than a set of skills, we are looking for someone who is curious, collaborative, great at communicating, and is always willing to learn.
Some key responsibilities but not limited to.
- Support operational management of the Fund's network platforms, including management of build and configuration activities, monitoring and alerting, and lifecycle management.
- Assist with managing and maintaining documentation for all network systems including as-builts.
- Provide 24x7 operational support for all network services, including incident resolution and problem management (via rostered on-call)
- Ensure all network services (including vendor-delivered) are fully documented, and align to the Funds processes, standards, and best practices, including Architectural and Design standards
- Assist with managing transition to operations for vendor-delivered services
- Support the Senior Network Specialists to provide oversight and governance of the network environment
- Assist with identifying and developing innovative solutions to improve the technology experience across the Fund, including driving opportunities for automation to uplift operational stability and embed greater efficiency of resources
- Achieve performance and availability of the Network platforms as per the SLAs
- Ensure network and security systems are maintained and secure, including performing regular patching and upgrades
- Ensure networks are managed and monitored for capacity and performance, and remain fit for purpose at all times
- Ensure network systems undergo regular failover testing and disaster recovery testing, and assist application teams with application disaster recovery testing
What you'll need
- 5+ years' experience in technical positions, including prior technical experience working with network and security technologies, ideally in a complex technical environment
- Experience in Terraform and code driven pipelines using Azure DevOps
- Excellent and demonstrable technical knowledge and understanding of:
-Microsoft Azure Networking
-Networking Services (DNS, TCP/IP, DHCP, VPN, MPLS)
-Enterprise routing, switching and wireless platforms
-Load Balancers (Citrix NetScaler)
-VPN Gateways (Azure, Citrix)
-Content Filtering (ZScaler)
- In-depth understanding and working knowledge of ITIL and other relevant ITSM frameworks
- Experience in a fast-growing technology function or company
- Critical thinker with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to identify issues and areas for improvement through analysis
- Innovative, creative and curious with a strong growth mindset
- Collaborative, articulate and persuasive
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to believe in and work towards the enterprise purpose and vision
- Experience in process improvement through automation (PowerShell and/or Power Automate)
- Poise and ability to act calmly and competently in high-pressure, high-stress situations
Life at AustralianSuper
AustralianSuper is committed to colleague development, and we support our people with ongoing learning, coaching and training, as well as career opportunities across our expanding global organisation. We offer generous leave entitlements and promote a blended working environment in which all roles can flex, and we're happy to discuss what this looks like for you.
We are committed to supporting our diverse workforce in a way that is inclusive and embraces diversity in all its forms. If you require any reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process or the role, please let our recruitment team know.
Apply now, if you share our values of Energy, Integrity, Generosity of Spirit and Excellent Outcomes and would like the opportunity to work in a challenging, growing and rapidly evolving team to deliver outstanding results.
Australian or New Zealand citizenship or Australian permanent residency status is required.
Progress powered by purpose