Internal Consultant - Commercial Broker
Bank of Queensland (BOQ)
Job Type: Full time
About the Role
The successful applicant will assist the Relationship Manager Broker with the ongoing management of their client base. The role predominantly involves end to end administration including deal structure, serviceability and workflow management through to settlement.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Taking ownership of each new deal from application stage through to settlement, including workflow management through the credit approval, documentation and settlement processes
- Liaise with internal stakeholders (credit, operations, CSC & middle office) as well as clients, accountants, solicitors and relevant 3rd parties to ensure efficient settlement of each deal
- Answer inbound enquiries and providing exceptional customer service to external/internal clients including regularly updating the client on file progress
- Assist with multiple product distribution by assisting the Relationship Manager Brokers to identify cross sell opportunities within existing client base
- Monitoring ongoing needs of existing client base and work with Relationship Manager Broker to review and where necessary, update the clients banking solutions
- Prepare Escrow Funding Notices and submit to Lending Operations for payment once returned.
Some of the key qualities and experience to be successful in this role include:
- Degree preferable
- Experience in banking preferable
- Relationship management experience would be highly desirable
- Ability to read Self employed Financials and determine serviceability.
- Good understanding of Lending products.
- Strong organisational skills and effective time management
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to take a proactive approach
BOQ is one of Australia’s leading regional banks and provides a genuine alternative for Australian financial services customers and employees. Our purpose is to create prosperity for our customers, shareholders and people through empathy, integrity and by making a difference. Our ambition is to be known as the bold challenger bank; with multi-brands that are digitally enabled with a personal touch.
BOQ is passionate about providing opportunities for you to develop your career as we continuously adapt and deliver in a transformational and collaborative environment with a strong focus on community.
BOQ’s Inclusion vision is to foster a workspace that values and leverages difference and creates new possibilities, a place where our people feel confident to bring their best selves to work every day. We embrace difference and believe that our workforce should reflect the customers and communities that we serve.
In 2021 BOQ Group was awarded a Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) Employer of Choice for Gender Equality citation.
- Flexible working arrangements
- Discounted financial products
- Salary sacrificing options
- Paid parental leave with no minimum
- Paid volunteer days
- Purchase annual leave
- BUPA Corporate Plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- A ‘zero tolerance’ to Domestic and Family Violence (DFV) with active support for employees experiencing DFV
- Accessible work support through various practices, systems, office adjustments
- Gym, shopping, technology and travel offers
- 5 employee diversity network groups focusing on; First Nations Reconciliation Council, EPIC (LGBTIQA+), Multicultural, Gender and Early Career.
How to Apply
To apply for this role please follow the links or apply via our Careers Page.
The Bank of Queensland is committed to diversity and an inclusive workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.
If you are successful for a role with the Bank of Queensland, it is a condition of employment that background screening is completed to ensure that the Bank complies with its obligations under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act. These checks may include, but are not limited to: identity, verification, reference checks, criminal background checks, immigration checks, verification of academic qualifications, bankruptcy checks.