Customer Service Officer - Macquarie Centre
Bank of Queensland (BOQ)
Location: North Ryde
Job Type: Full time
About the Role
- Full time opportunity with the Macquarie Centre branch
- Join a supportive team and enjoy developing your customer service skills.
As the Customer Service Officer, you will be the ‘face’ of the Bank within the Branch, providing exceptional customer service to your customer network. You will enjoy developing and maintaining strong relationships with our internal and external customers, by providing advice and information on BOQ’s products and services. Further, you will relish the opportunity to achieve branch targets, and work as part of a high performing and collaborative team.
Day to day your key responsibilities will consist of:
- Teller duties including general enquiries, account opening/closing, deposits, withdrawals
- Floor walking and initiating quality conversations with customers
- Booking interviews
- Inbound and outbound calling to maintain and build customer relationships
- Daily maintenance of the ATM
- Cash management - ATM Services, Travelex
- Stationery orders
- Strong focus on compliance
As an experienced Customer Service Officer with outstanding customer service and excellent communication skills, you will thrive in this environment, by demonstrating:
- Previous customer service experience, preferably from the banking industry
- Contributor to a collaborative team environment
- Willingness to go above and beyond for your customers and colleagues
- Driven to take a personalised approach with every customer interaction
- "Can do" approach to all aspects of your role
- Ability to learn and confidently use a number of technical financial systems
BOQ is one of Australia’s leading regional banks and provides a genuine alternative for Australian financial services customers and employees. Our purpose is to create prosperity for our customers, shareholders and people through empathy, integrity and by making a difference. Our ambition is to be known as the bold challenger bank; with multi-brands that are digitally enabled with a personal touch.
BOQ is passionate about providing opportunities for you to develop your career as we continuously adapt and deliver in a transformational and collaborative environment with a strong focus on community.
BOQ’s Inclusion vision is to foster a workspace that values and leverages difference and creates new possibilities, a place where our people feel confident to bring their best selves to work every day. We embrace difference and believe that our workforce should reflect the customers and communities that we serve.
In 2021 BOQ Group was awarded a Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) Employer of Choice for Gender Equality citation.
- Discounted financial products
- Salary sacrificing options
- Paid parental leave with no minimum
- Paid volunteer days
- Purchase annual leave
- BUPA Corporate Plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- A ‘zero tolerance’ to Domestic and Family Violence (DFV) with active support for employees experiencing DFV
- 5 employee diversity network groups focusing on; First Nations Reconciliation Council, Proudly ME (LGBTIQA+), Multicultural, Gender and Early Career.
- BOQ Group is a member of Pride in Diversity and a participating organisation in the Australian Workplace Equality Index.
How to Apply
To apply for this role please follow the links or apply via our Careers Page.
The Bank of Queensland is committed to diversity and an inclusive workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.
If you are successful for a role with the Bank of Queensland, it is a condition of employment that background screening is completed to ensure that the Bank complies with its obligations under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act. These checks may include, but are not limited to: identity, verification, reference checks, criminal background checks, immigration checks, verification of academic qualifications, bankruptcy checks.