Senior AML Investigations Analyst
Bank of Queensland (BOQ)
Location: South Brisbane
Job Type: Full time
About the role:
Financial Crime Operations helps to protect BOQ, its customers and our communities from the impacts of financial crime. The primary purpose of this role is to assist in mitigating Money Laundering and Terrorism Financing (ML/TF) risk by conducting assessment and investigations across customer transactions to identify any unusual patterns or behaviors, supporting the BOQ Groups operational obligations related to Suspicious Matter Reports (SMR).
You would be joining a high performing team that is responsible for timely reporting of suspicious matter reports (SMR) to AUSTRAC in compliance with AML/CTF regulatory obligations, as well as BOQ AML/CTF requirements and associated policies.
As a Senior AML Investigations Analyst, you will be responsible for:
- Assessment and investigation on cases raised from BOQs transaction monitoring program or internal referrals.
- Conducting enhanced customer due diligence, in accordance with ECDD standards.
- Detecting, investigation and reporting suspicious matters.
- Manage and mitigating ML/TF risks in line with BOQs AML/CTF requirements.
- Adhere to internal investigation processes, regulatory reporting SLAs, KPIs and quality targets set for your tasked work.
- Assessing high risk customers, including sound risk-based decision making on retention or exit recommendations.
- Keeping abreast of emerging ML/TF trends and issues, including AUSTRAC typologies.
- Contribute to continuous improvement, team performance and quality.
- Supporting the operational management of FCO.
If you are a passionate AML Investigator with a growth mindset, prior experience conducting enhanced customer due diligence or suspicious matter reporting with an ability to work independently and within a team, this role represents an exciting opportunity be part of a fast-paced team and further enhance your AML knowledge.
Skills & knowledge:
- Prior case management experience, including conducting enhanced customer due diligence, suspicious matter reporting (SMR) or transaction monitoring investigations.
- Strong application of risk-based approach in decision making.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a high attention to detail.
- Ability to solve complex problems and accountable for decision making.
- Well managed, organised with a drive to meet goals and targets.
- Strong knowledge of indicators and/or red flags related to ML/TF typologies.
- Knowledge of the AML/CTF Act 2006 and Rules.
- Prior experience in conducting AML investigations or relevant industry qualifications.
- Strong understanding of financial data and analytics, previous experience using NROD system (desirable).
- Formal training/qualifications in AML/CTF, Sanctions or investigations (desirable).
BOQ is one of Australia’s leading regional banks and provides a genuine alternative for Australian financial services customers and employees. Our purpose is to create prosperity for our customers, shareholders and people through empathy, integrity and by making a difference. Our ambition is to be known as the bold challenger bank; with multi-brands that are digitally enabled with a personal touch.
BOQ is passionate about providing opportunities for you to develop your career as we continuously adapt and deliver in a transformational and collaborative environment with a strong focus on community.
BOQ’s Inclusion vision is to foster a workspace that values and leverages difference and creates new possibilities, a place where our people feel confident to bring their best selves to work every day. We embrace difference and believe that our workforce should reflect the customers and communities that we serve.
In 2021 BOQ Group was awarded a Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) Employer of Choice for Gender Equality citation.
- Discounted financial products
- Salary sacrificing options
- Paid parental leave with no minimum
- Paid volunteer days
- Purchase annual leave
- BUPA Corporate Plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- A ‘zero tolerance’ to Domestic and Family Violence (DFV) with active support for employees experiencing DFV
- 5 employee diversity network groups focusing on; First Nations Reconciliation Council, Proudly ME (LGBTIQA+), Multicultural, Gender and Early Career.
- BOQ Group is a member of Pride in Diversity and a participating organisation in the Australian Workplace Equality Index.
How to apply:
To apply for this role please follow the links or apply via our Careers Page.
The Bank of Queensland is committed to diversity and an inclusive workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.
If you are successful for a role with the Bank of Queensland, it is a condition of employment that background screening is completed to ensure that the Bank complies with its obligations under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act. These checks may include, but are not limited to: identity, verification, reference checks, criminal background checks, immigration checks, verification of academic qualifications, bankruptcy checks.