Credit Management Officer
Bank of Queensland (BOQ)
Job Type: Full time
About the Role
As one of our Credit Management Officers you will be responsible for the administration of BOQ's troubled and impaired exposures to effectively reduce bad debt and look to implement solutions with a customer centric approach to remediate delinquent accounts. With a clear understanding and adherence to compliance requirements, you will ensure all legislative requirements and BOQ policies are met at all times.
You will be responsible for:
- Implementing the most appropriate course of action for resolution of delinquent or irregular accounts within the guidelines set
- Drive for better performance
- Ensure targets, SLA's and KPI's are met.
- Identifying and minimising potential losses via effective action
- Making sound decisions and recommendations based on an appropriate assessment of the customer's ability to pay and willingness to cooperate.
- Maintaining accurate and up to date records of all action taken including, phone calls and correspondence issued, within the BOQ systems
- Ensuring all accounts requiring legal recovery action are monitored within a timely manner
- Risk identification and management
The ideal candidate will bring 1-3 years' experience in a similar role, with skills in the following areas:
- Understanding of National Debt Collection Guidelines preferred
- Knowledge of debt and securities enforcement practices and processes preferred
- Previous experience in a banking or customer service environment is desirable
- Previous experience in a collections and/or debt enforcement environment is desirable
BOQ is one of Australia’s leading regional banks and provides a genuine alternative for Australian financial services customers and employees. Our purpose is to create prosperity for our customers, shareholders and people through empathy, integrity and by making a difference. Our ambition is to be known as the bold challenger bank; with multi-brands that are digitally enabled with a personal touch.
BOQ is passionate about providing opportunities for you to develop your career as we continuously adapt and deliver in a transformational and collaborative environment with a strong focus on community.
BOQ’s Inclusion vision is to foster a workspace that values and leverages difference and creates new possibilities, a place where our people feel confident to bring their best selves to work every day. We embrace difference and believe that our workforce should reflect the customers and communities that we serve.
In 2021 BOQ Group was awarded a Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) Employer of Choice for Gender Equality citation.
- Flexible working arrangements
- Discounted financial products
- Salary sacrificing options
- Paid parental leave with no minimum
- Paid volunteer days
- Purchase annual leave
- BUPA Corporate Plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- A ‘zero tolerance’ to Domestic and Family Violence (DFV) with active support for employees experiencing DFV
- Accessible work support through various practices, systems, office adjustments
- Gym, shopping, technology and travel offers
- 5 employee diversity network groups focusing on; First Nations Reconciliation Council, Proudly ME (LGBTIQA+), Multicultural, Gender and Early Career.
- BOQ Group is a member of Pride in Diversity and a participating organisation in the Australian Workplace Equality Index.
How to Apply
To apply for this role please follow the links or apply via our Careers Page.
The Bank of Queensland is committed to diversity and an inclusive workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.
If you are successful for a role with the Bank of Queensland, it is a condition of employment that background screening is completed to ensure that the Bank complies with its obligations under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act. These checks may include, but are not limited to: identity, verification, reference checks, criminal background checks, immigration checks, verification of academic qualifications, bankruptcy checks.