Operations Officer Domestic and High Volume Payments
Bank of Queensland (BOQ)
Job Type: Full time
About the Role
As part of the Domestic and High Volume Payments team, this role is responsible for providing administration support to our branches and Customer Contact Centres ensuring all requests are processed in an efficient and accurate manner.
In this position you are expected to provide feedback on processes and or system improvements to better the functioning of the departments in areas of their responsibility. This role is responsible for processing a high volume of incoming requests.
Your key duties and responsibilities will include:
- Following up and clearing items in suspense accounts daily
- Assisting BOQ Branches with queries
- Representing the bank in a professional manner when dealing with all other Financial Institutions and Government Agencies
- Ensuring all work is processed within the agreed SLA’s and any breaches escalated promptly
- Ensuring reporting issues or inaccuracies are immediately attend to and resolved within required time frames
- Establishing and attending to the ongoing maintenance of files and records
- Data entry of internal vouchers
- Completing any duties as directed by Team Leader/Manager.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience in a high volume data entry role with knowledge of debits and credits. Experience managing accounts in an administrative capacity with knowledge of banking systems is highly advantageous.
You will have strong attention to detail and ability to manage and prioritise your time across multiple incoming tasks across the day. Ability to work in a team environment will also be key to success in this role.
BOQ is one of Australia’s leading regional banks and provides a genuine alternative for Australian financial services customers and employees. Our purpose is to create prosperity for our customers, shareholders and people through empathy, integrity and by making a difference. Our ambition is to be known as the bold challenger bank; with multi-brands that are digitally enabled with a personal touch.
BOQ is passionate about providing opportunities for you to develop your career as we continuously adapt and deliver in a transformational and collaborative environment with a strong focus on community.
BOQ’s Inclusion vision is to foster a workspace that values and leverages difference and creates new possibilities, a place where our people feel confident to bring their best selves to work every day. We embrace difference and believe that our workforce should reflect the customers and communities that we serve.
In 2021 BOQ Group was awarded a Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) Employer of Choice for Gender Equality citation.
- Flexible working arrangements
- Discounted financial products
- Salary sacrificing options
- Paid parental leave with no minimum
- Paid volunteer days
- Purchase annual leave
- BUPA Corporate Plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- A ‘zero tolerance’ to Domestic and Family Violence (DFV) with active support for employees experiencing DFV
- Accessible work support through various practices, systems, office adjustments
- Gym, shopping, technology and travel offers
- 5 employee diversity network groups focusing on; First Nations Reconciliation Council, Proudly ME (LGBTIQA+), Multicultural, Gender and Early Career.
- BOQ Group is a member of Pride in Diversity and a participating organisation in the Australian Workplace Equality Index.
How to Apply
To apply for this role please follow the links or apply via our Careers Page.
The Bank of Queensland is committed to diversity and an inclusive workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.
If you are successful for a role with the Bank of Queensland, it is a condition of employment that background screening is completed to ensure that the Bank complies with its obligations under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act. These checks may include, but are not limited to: identity, verification, reference checks, criminal background checks, immigration checks, verification of academic qualifications, bankruptcy checks.