Tax Business Partner
Bank of Queensland (BOQ)
Location: South Brisbane
Job Type: Full time
About the Role
An opportunity has arisen for a Tax Business Partner to strengthen the Bank of Queensland Group’s (the Group) tax capabilities to partner with our co-sourced professional services firm and the responsible General Manager, to drive “best in class” tax advisory and compliance services and actively influence day to day decisions made by the Group, in executing its tax strategy and supporting its transformation journey. The role can be based in either our Brisbane or Sydney offices.
In this new role you will have the opportunity to help reshape the tax function for the Group. This role will suit someone with a proven background in tax, that is seeking a different commercial role in financial services and working closely with our co-sourced professional services firm.
This role will appeal to someone who has demonstrated:
- A strategic mindset paired with a strong bias to action
- Commercial awareness and an ability to understand and proactively manage requirements of varied stakeholders
- A practical understanding of the Financial Services industry
- A practical understanding of the Australian tax legislation and it’s nuances, and
- Knowledge, skills, and capabilities to leverage data and technology to further uplift the tax capabilities of the group and provide tax advisory services.
The principal accountabilities of this role are:
- Strategic input into technical tax advice for transactions/acquisitions.
- Support management decisions or actions required in respect of tax advise provided by our co-sourced external tax team.
- Strategic input into tax advice for new product developments.
- Answer technical tax queries across the Group.
- Project related initiatives as it pertains to the tax function.
- Process improvement and enabling the Group to evolve with data and technology changes as it iteratively builds out its automation capabilities.
- Various aspects of ad hoc tax related insights and analysis
- Relationship conduit between the various business areas of the Group and our co-sourced professional services team
- Stakeholder management across the Group, as well as external parties where required.
You will be CPA/CA qualified and to be successful in this role, with a strong tax background in either a professional services and/or corporate environment in financial services, preferably banking with a passion for due process.
You will have strong relationship management skills, ability to engage with and influence across various levels of internal and external stakeholders coupled with superior written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work to tight deadlines and calmly under pressure.
This is a fantastic opportunity to develop your career at BOQ, meet new people and join a motivated team of professionals!
BOQ is one of Australia’s leading regional banks and provides a genuine alternative for Australian financial services customers and employees. Our purpose is to create prosperity for our customers, shareholders and people through empathy, integrity and by making a difference. Our ambition is to be known as the bold challenger bank; with multi-brands that are digitally enabled with a personal touch.
BOQ is passionate about providing opportunities for you to develop your career as we continuously adapt and deliver in a transformational and collaborative environment with a strong focus on community.
BOQ’s Inclusion vision is to foster a workspace that values and leverages difference and creates new possibilities, a place where our people feel confident to bring their best selves to work every day. We embrace difference and believe that our workforce should reflect the customers and communities that we serve.
In 2021 BOQ Group was awarded a Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) Employer of Choice for Gender Equality citation.
- Discounted financial products
- Salary sacrificing options
- Paid parental leave with no minimum
- Paid volunteer days
- Purchase annual leave
- BUPA Corporate Plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- A ‘zero tolerance’ to Domestic and Family Violence (DFV) with active support for employees experiencing DFV
- 5 employee diversity network groups focusing on; First Nations Reconciliation Council, Proudly ME (LGBTIQA+), Multicultural, Gender and Early Career.
- BOQ Group is a member of Pride in Diversity and a participating organisation in the Australian Workplace Equality Index.
How to Apply
To apply for this role please follow the links or apply via our Careers Page.
The Bank of Queensland is committed to diversity and an inclusive workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.
If you are successful for a role with the Bank of Queensland, it is a condition of employment that background screening is completed to ensure that the Bank complies with its obligations under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act. These checks may include, but are not limited to: identity, verification, reference checks, criminal background checks, immigration checks, verification of academic qualifications, bankruptcy checks.