Senior Software Engineer - VB6
Bendigo and Adelaide Bank
Location: Adelaide, Sandgate
Job Type: Full time
With more than 160 years of history, we are proud of our position in the community with more satisfied customers than any other Australian bank. Every day, we work hard to bring our company purpose to life, feeding into the success of our customers and communities and not off it.
We're more than just a bank with banking products. We change the lives of customers and communities. Commercial actions with heart!
Our time is now. We are challenging the status quo and we're excited about our future!
About the role
We are transforming, moving to a cloud first model, modernising and simplifying and you can be part of that! In this role you will directly contribute to developing our branch and loan approval systems.
You will get the opportunity to work and learn the newest technologies such as node.js, APIs and cloud platforms, whilst also having access to learning and development platforms plus the opportunity to get certified in cloud technologies.
We offer a hybrid and flexible ways of working.
Our community is a place to thrive in if you enjoy working in a changing environment and thinking of creative solutions. We offer a hybrid and flexible ways of working. This role can be based anywhere in Australia near one of our locations.
In this role you’ll get to:
- Do end to end development to deliver full stack solutions for staff and head office, API’s and Microservices.
- Work in a cross functional team to build effective relationships with relevant stakeholders to deliver innovative features.
- Be part of an on-call support roster as part of Incident Management (you will be compensated with an additional on-call allowance and time in lieu).
- Experience as a full stack Software Engineer ideally at a senior level.
- Experience with VB6 and SQL
- Experience or willingness to learn to develop API’s and microservices to deploy onto AWS or GCP.
- Experience or willingness to learn NodeJS and React, Typescript.
- The ability to create pipelines and use CI/CD methodology.
There's so much more to a career with Bendigo and Adelaide Bank than just banking.
Working with us opens the door to a whole lot more than a fee free account. Get real benefits, work life balance and flexibility. We offer various leave benefits as well as banking benefits which can you give cash back in your pocket, shopping discounts, novated leasing options and we can support financially if you wish completed further studies.
Bring your brilliant mind and we’ll help you take your learning to the next level with on the job training and external development opportunities - we want you to shine. After all, YOU are the difference that makes us the better big bank.
At Bendigo and Adelaide Bank we believe a diverse workforce supported by an inclusive culture is central to our success and we actively encourage applications from those who bring diversity of thought to our business. We support candidate requests for adjustment to accommodate an illness, injury or disability to equitably participate in the selection process.
Be quick to apply! Applications will be reviewed as they are received and may close before the listed closing date.