Business Development Manager - Margin Lending
Bendigo and Adelaide Bank
Job Type: Full time
At Bendigo and Adelaide Bank we aim to be Australia’s Bank of Choice.
The Bank’s Margin Lending Business, Leveraged, partners with Australian and Global Financial Firms providing high quality Products and Service solutions to Partners and Customers. It delivers service, manages risk, creates relevant customer retention and loyalty strategies, delivers business initiatives, manages change, maintains sustainable partner relationships, finds and implements new opportunities and ways to engage further with people who already trust and enjoy doing business with us.
About the opportunity
We currently have an opportunity for a Business Development Manager, Leveraged to actively develop, grow, and manage existing and new business partner relationships for Leverage and the broader bank. The BDM will contribute to the current and future profitability of both Leveraged and the broader Bank.
Key accountabilities include:
- Proactively market to partners, advisers and internally to broaden the business from those partners, through the development, education and promotion of gearing strategies and solutions
- Establish new adviser relationships with stockbrokers, financial planners and internally within Bendigo and Adelaide Bank
- Develop a strong understanding of the partners and advisers, to identify key challenges and to deliver solutions and provide relevant product training
- Maintain a deep understanding of the market and industry and provide relevant feedback to senior leadership within the group and to continuously develop networks and new business sources
This opportunity will be based in Sydney.
To be successful in the role you will have:
- Relevant tertiary education is essential e.g. Economics, Commerce, Business Management
- RG 146 accreditation is essential with Margin Lending Accreditation
- Postgraduate qualifications such as Graduate Diploma of Applied Finance (FINSIA), Graduate Diploma in Financial Planning or Certified Financial Planner status will be highly regarded.
- Strong knowledge of financial planning industry and financial markets.
- Specific industry knowledge in relation to investments, equities, managed funds and gearing strategies
- Demonstrated successful business development experience across multiple channels including financial planning, stockbroking and direct investor segments
- Ability to lead and influence to achieve positive business outcomes and meet business goals
- High levels of business acumen, with strong analytical and problems solving skills
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written and ability to build strong relationship with a range of stakeholders
What we offer
- Innovative sales and leadership development programs
- As part of a national organisation we can offer exciting opportunities within the broader Bendigo and Adelaide Bank Group
- Competitive remuneration package
- A range of staff benefits including discounts on bank products and services, share offers, flexible work options, paid parental leave and purchased leave options, excellent learning and development programs
How to apply
If you are interested please apply online with your CV and cover letter. Please find enclosed a PD Business Development Manager BDM - Leveraged PD.docx
Applications close COB Wednesday 29th March 2023
For any specific queries please contact Libby Prouse email@example.com
At Bendigo and Adelaide Bank we believe a diverse workforce supported by an inclusive culture is central to our success and we actively encourage applications from those who bring diversity of thought to our business. We support candidate requests for adjustment to accommodate an illness, injury or disability to equitably participate in the selection process.