IT Service Desk Analyst
Bendigo and Adelaide Bank
Job Type: Full time
About the division
Technology and Transformation is accountable for the development, implementation and running of business systems and infrastructure in an efficient, stable and robust manner to enable business change and growth.
The IT Service Desk forms part of the Service Management and Group Support Practice.
Our mission is to provide exceptional customer service and support the technology needs of the Bendigo and Adelaide Bank staff to enable them to service our customers.
About the role
The primary function of the IT Service Desk Analyst is to provide 1st level customer support and incident resolution to all users of technology within the Bendigo and Adelaide Bank.
This is achieved via 2 functions within the broader Service Desk team: IT Helpdesk Call Centre and Alliance Bank IT Helpdesk Call Centre.
- IT Helpdesk Call Centre: traditional Helpdesk call centre, servicing our Bendigo and Adelaide Bank staff remotely
- Alliance Bank IT Helpdesk Call Centre: Helpdesk call centre, servicing our Alliance Bank staff remotely
We provide end to end ownership of our customers’ requests and incidents, resolving these where possible or referring to appropriate technical resources when necessary. Flexibility to work in any of the 2 IT Service Desk Functions is required depending on the demand of the business.
In this role you’ll get to:
- Provide a high level of customer service by handling user requests and incidents in a professional, courteous, friendly and empathetic manner ensuring the attainment of trust and respect from the customer.
- Ensure that customers are regularly kept up to date with the progress and status of their requests and incidents
- Ensure that all customer requests, incidents and interactions are recorded and logged into the Service Management Tool.
- Proactively own and manage personal and/or team job queues to ensure services provided meets customers' SLA.
- Investigate and respond to outstanding requests and incidents providing accurate and timely feedback in accordance with agreed SLAs.
- Ensure that Incidents or requests that cannot be resolved at the Help Desk are appropriately escalated
- Where applicable, liaise with internal support teams and external suppliers in a professional and efficient manner
As the ideal candidate, you will have:
- Highly developed customer service, troubleshooting, problem solving and decision-making skills. *Do not need to have IT background, you will be trained in IT - NEED to have strong Customer Service skills
- Must have a proactive attitude towards process improvements and a willingness to accept change in an always changing and challenging industry.
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise workload to meet deadlines and SLA's.
- Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal.
- Able to demonstrate patience and empathy to all customers.
- Experience providing IT support and previous helpdesk experience.
- Ideally, you’ll have ITIL awareness and/or experience working within an ITIL framework.
**Candidates must be willing to work a rotating roster covering Mon-Fri 7.30 am to 6.30pm, Saturday 8.30am to 12.30pm, after hours on call and public holidays.**
*You will be placed on a full-time 6 Month contract initially, with the intention to extend based on performance. The role is based in person, on our Bendigo Head Office.**