Bendigo and Adelaide Bank
Location: Adelaide, Bendigo, Melbourne
Job Type: Full time
Our Purpose is the same today as it was when we were founded 160 years ago. Every day, we work hard to bring our company purpose to life; feeding into the success of our customers and communities and not off it. We live and breathe our core values of Teamwork, Integrity, Performance, Passion, Leadership and Engagement.
About the Department and Role
Our Group Internal Audit team is the independent internal audit function of the Bank, acting as our third line of defence through the provision of expert assurance to the Board Audit Committee (and other Board Sub-Committees), the Bank’s business units, senior leaders, and our subsidiaries. The team independently assesses the effectiveness of controls in place across the Group and that they are being managed and monitored by the first and second lines of defence. Group Internal Audit is comprised of six portfolios, specifically Consumer Banking, Business and Agriculture Banking, Technology and Transformation, Operations, Corporate and Regulatory Compliance / Data Analytics.
About the Role
The role’s purpose includes:
- Contributing to the execution of audit programs in line with the Group’s Strategic Audit Plan (with potential to participate in reviews across each portfolio).
- Effective and efficient execution of audit engagements within specified timeframes.
- Delivery of high-quality assurance reporting, supporting Group Internal Audit leaders in discussions with Senior Management, Executives and Board Sub-Committees (and with the opportunity to lead these discussions).
- Support Senior Managers / Managers / Senior Internal Auditors in ensuring adherence to Group Internal Audit’s Methodology and Internal Audit Standards.
- Participate in periodic Strategic Audit Plan development activities and contribute to the development of the team’s goals and strategy.
- Assist the Head of Group Internal Audit / Senior Managers / Managers / Senior Internal Auditors with adhoc requests as directed.
Join a team where you can grow your career, professional development, contribute to our strategic objectives and gain exposure to the Board and Executive levels. Working in a team spread across our three main locations – Bendigo, Adelaide, and Melbourne - you could be based in any of these offices. Flexible / adaptable working options are available.
Capabilities, Experience, Qualifications
- Relevant tertiary qualification e.g., Business, IT, Commerce
- Studying towards post-graduate qualifications such as CA/CPA/Grad Cert IIA/CISA
- Demonstrated risk management / internal audit experience gained through audit, risk management or consultancy exposure.
- Ability to effectively evaluate one or more of operational, financial and non-financial risks and controls; and assist make value-add recommendations to management.
- Ability to work in a dynamic team environment, including with external vendors, across multiple reviews
- Ability to understand data structures and apply data analytic techniques within audits
- Ability to learn and assess new concepts quickly, including through sound research skills
- Demonstrated ability to influence and effectively communicate (both written and verbal).
- Ability to think strategically and “outside the box”.
- Demonstrated financial services experience with exposure to one or more specialist area as detailed below:
- Commercial Credit
- Consumer Credit
- Treasury (Liquidity, Interest Rate Risk, Market Risk, Capital Management)
- Technology Risk
- Knowledge of and experience dealing with and assessing compliance with banking obligations
Internal Auditor Position Description.docx
Here you’ll have variety and choice in your career direction; with opportunity to move up or across the organisation, through a diverse mix of business areas and roles. At Bendigo and Adelaide Bank we believe a diverse workforce supported by an inclusive culture is central to our success and we actively encourage applications from those who bring diversity of thought to our business. We support candidate requests for adjustment to accommodate an illness, injury or disability to equitably participate in the selection process.
If you’re excited to be part of an organisation with strong values and a community focus - then this could be the role for you!