Manager Asset Management - Agri Asset Management
Bendigo and Adelaide Bank
Location: Brisbane, Queensland
Job Type: Full time
We have a clear strategy and important work in place to become Australia's bank of choice.
Our values of teamwork , integrity , performance , engagement , leadership and passion are at the core of who we are and form the expectation of the behaviours we adopt every day.
About the Team and Role
The Agri Asset Management Unit actively engages with our agri customers experiencing financial difficulty with the intention of identifying an acceptable solution and strengthening our long-term relationship, whilst being prepared to act decisively where necessary to safeguard customer and shareholder interests.
Our priorities are to provide our customers with every reasonable opportunity to preserve their loan, their equity and any underlying security; and to minimise and mitigate customer and Bank shareholder loss.
The key focus of Manager Asset Management involves direct management of workout scenarios that require intensive management where the aim is to deliver a commercially viable outcome that does not expose the Bank to unacceptable levels of risk. You will be expected to assume direct relationship responsibility for a mix of complex and noncomplex files.
Key accountabilities include:
- Early problem loan identification and effective information gathering and validation
- Genuine and objective consideration of the facts of each individual case
- Active pursuit of Customers’ exit from AMU, either by repatriation, repayment or refinance
- Being purposeful and fair in terms of the arrangements and timelines we agree with our customers
- Farm Debt Mediation where appropriate and progressing with legal action when deemed necessary
- Superior customer service based on courteous and professional conduct and legislation / code compliance
- Exercising your Delegated Lending Authority across both your own portfolio and more broadly where Customers are displaying early signs of financial stress.
This is a permanent role. You will be based in Brisbane and service Customers throughout Queensland and Northern NSW . Some overnight travel will be required, particularly in the short term as you establish relationships .
To be successful you will have:
- Deep knowledge and experience within the Agribusiness sector (mandatory)
- Extensive Credit knowledge with particular experience in Agri credit
- Experience in risk and compliance management and delivery of risk and compliance management outcomes.
- Disciplined approach in managing client groups within Asset Management Unit against agreed timeframes and actions.
- Farm Debt Mediation and/or Rural Financial Counsellor experience would be an advantage but not essential.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal with the ability to build relationships with all stakeholders and build trust as a valued advisor
- Tertiary qualifications and certificates in the relevant degree is preferred
- Highly developed negotiation, influencing and interpersonal skills
What we offer
- As part of a national organisation we can offer exciting opportunities within the broader Bendigo and Adelaide Bank Group
- Competitive remuneration package
- A range of staff benefits including discounts on bank products and services, share offers, flexible work options, paid parental leave and purchased leave options, excellent learning and development programs
At Bendigo and Adelaide Bank we believe a diverse workforce supported by an inclusive culture is central to our success and we actively encourage applications from those who bring diversity of thought to our business. We support candidate requests for adjustment to accommodate an illness, injury or disability to equitably participate in the selection process.
How to apply
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply online. Enclosed is a Position Description for this opportunity Manager Asset Management PD.docx
For further information about this opportunity please contact Libby Prouse Senior Recruitment Advisor on (03) 8643 4015 or email@example.com