Bendigo and Adelaide Bank
Location: Adelaide, Bendigo, Melbourne, Sandgate
Job Type: Full time
As Australia’s most trusted bank, we provide our customers with the products and services they need for a better banking experience. Our vision is to be Australia’s bank of choice as we believe our success is driven by our purpose – to feed into the prosperity of our customers and communities, not off it. Within Group Marketing, our Brand, Media, and Content team develop best in class media, creative and content solutions that align with and support the strategic goals of our business. Together, we tell our story.
About the role
We currently have a permanent opportunity for a Copywriter to join the team full time. Reporting into the Senior Copywriter you will be hands-on in developing compelling concepts and content material. No two days will be the same as you work across digital and traditional media advertising campaigns, merchandise, brochures, booklets, invitations, and signage for the Bank. Your exceptional attention to detail will ensure that all material adheres to the correct tone of voice and brand style guides whether it’s for digital, social, TVC, radio or print.
Bring your demonstrated copywriting experience to a role where you’ll get to combine your creative ideas with a collaborative team of experts that are passionately dedicated and proud to be custodians of the Bank’s brand. Previous experience within the Banking, Financial Services, Superannuation, or Insurance sectors will be highly regarded. Also any familiarity with using Admation will be beneficial but is not essential.
Join a supportive team who love to bounce ideas off each other and will share their wealth of expertise to develop your career to the next level.
Ideally, this role will be based in one of our main office locations in Melbourne, Adelaide, or Bendigo, although we’re open to considering other locations for someone with the right experience. You’ll be based in the office for 2-3 days per week noting that hybrid ways of working are core to how we operate today.
As the Copywriter, you’ll get to:
- Develop and ensure that projects worked on are well written, meet the brief, and are on message
- Draw on specialist skills in online copywriting, including knowledge of current best practice trends and SEO
- Develop copy for a variety of applications including new creative concepts for online, social, radio, TVC, print, outdoor, signage, and sponsorships
- Write to size and turn large text into punchy advertisements using various communication styles, methods, and mediums to enhance audience understanding and interest
- Draw on best practice and current market trends to create effective creative content
- Interpret and apply brand and tone of voice guidelines in all deliverables
- Present your creative concepts to internal stakeholders as part of the Centres of Excellence creative team
- Work with external parties e.g. creative agencies, to maintain brand guidelines and ensure quality work
To be successful in the role, you'll have:
- A tertiary qualification in communications or writing or equivalent
- Proven experience in a professional communications role, ideally from within the Banking, Financial Services, Superannuation, or Insurance industry
- Demonstrated commercial experience in writing and communications across various channels
- Confidence to challenge briefs and question the status quo
- Capability to produce and develop impactful creative concepts quickly into well-crafted deliverables
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- A high level of grammar, editing, and proofreading skills with strong attention to detail
- A vested interest in research and development to ensure your creative is fresh, relevant, and on-trend
- Intermediate competency across MS Office suite and Adobe Acrobat
What we offer
There's so much more to a career with Bendigo and Adelaide Bank than just banking.
Working with us opens the door to a whole lot more than a fee free account. Get real benefits, work life balance and flexibility. A career with Bendigo and Adelaide Bank will see you become part of the team, your contribution will be valued, and you’ll get all the assistance you need to reach your full potential.
Bring your brilliant mind and we’ll help you take your learning to the next level with on-the-job training and external development opportunities - we want you to shine. After all, YOU are the difference that makes us the better big bank.
At Bendigo and Adelaide Bank we believe a diverse workforce supported by an inclusive culture is central to our success and we actively encourage applications from those who bring diversity of thought to our business. We support candidate requests for adjustment to accommodate an illness, injury, or disability to equitably participate in the selection process.
Be quick to apply! Applications will be reviewed as they are received and may close before the listed closing date of 1 June. If you’re excited to be part of an organisation with strong values and a community focus - then this could be the role for you! Apply now.