Market Risk Analyst – 2nd line Risk
Bendigo and Adelaide Bank
Job Type: Full time
Our Purpose is the same today as it was when we were founded 160 years ago, and every day, we work hard to bring our company purpose to life; feeding into the success of our customers and communities and not off it.
We live and breathe our core values of Teamwork, Integrity, Performance, Passion, Leadership and Engagement.
About the team and role
Part of our 2LOD - Financial Risk and Modelling oversees and supports risk management across Group Treasury and Financial Markets and provides policy direction, independent risk measurement, monitoring and reporting in relation to traded and non-traded market risk, funding and liquidity risk, capital risk and counterparty credit risk.
This is a small team that operates as a highly collaborative, multi-disciplined unit building a Centre of Excellence for market risk. All team members, regardless of seniority, will be assigned to various project and business-as-usual activities depending upon the skills that are necessary to most effectively and efficiently complete work assignments and meet agreed priorities.
The primary purpose of the Market Risk Analyst role is to support the monitoring, reporting and analysis of interest rate risk in the banking book (IRRBB) and traded market risk exposure. It is expected that over time the incumbent will develop the skills and knowledge required to present and explain the results of risk modelling to Senior Management and relevant committees.
The successful candidate is expected to be self-motivated, delivery-focused and committed to ongoing learning and problem solving. All team members work collaboratively to support team outcomes and build broader skills within the team through sharing knowledge and skills across disciplines.
We are open to various locations.
Experience, capabilities and qualifications
- Experience in market risk, liquidity risk, treasury, asset and liability management or financial modelling disciplines
- Highly skilled Microsoft Excel user with experience in a wide variety of Excel functions, building complex formulas and the use of multi-sheet and multi-workbook reporting frameworks.
- VBA/SQL skills are highly advantageous
- Skilled in building highly collaborative, strong working relationships
- A strong work ethic with a proven ability to show initiative, manage competing priorities and deliver to agreed deadlines.
- Tertiary qualification in Banking and Finance, Commerce, Risk Management, Information Technology or a quantitative discipline such as Engineering, Mathematics or Actuarial Science
Market Risk Analyst Position Description.docx
What we Offer
A career with Bendigo and Adelaide Bank will see you become part of the team, your contribution will be valued, and you’ll get all the assistance you need to reach your full potential and achieve your objectives.
At Bendigo and Adelaide Bank we believe a diverse workforce supported by an inclusive culture is central to our success and we actively encourage applications from those who bring diversity of thought to our business. We support candidate requests for adjustment to accommodate an illness, injury or disability to equitably participate in the selection process.
If you’re excited to be part of an organisation with strong values and a community focus - then this could be the role for you! Apply now.