Risk Specialist Lead
Bendigo and Adelaide Bank
Job Type: Full time
Our Purpose: is the same today as it was when we were founded 160 years ago, that is, to feed into the prosperity of our customers and their communities, not off it. To support our vision we have instituted a new integrated program of work - BEN+, aligned to our strategic imperatives of reducing complexity, investing in capability and telling our story.
BEN+ is about ambitious and far-reaching risk transformational change. BEN+ will not simply fix things in isolation, but through an integrated program that will enable us to implement and embed long-term, sustainable improvements.
About the role
Based at any of our Head Office locations, this permanent, full time, Senior Risk Specialist Lead reports to the Head of Transformation & Product Risk Oversight / BEN+ R&C Workstream Lead with key responsibilities relating to proactively working within the Risk & Compliance stream to aid in the development and delivery of the activities and deliverables and making sure these are delivered within the agreed scope and results in achieving the collective outcomes for the Group.
This is achieved through possessing strong program senior leadership expertise, business strategies and practices experience, and extensive consulting and stakeholder management with internal and external stakeholders, specialists and providers to drive change.
Within this role, you may be expected to facilitate discoveries, assume iteration management for a specific initiative, support stakeholder management activities or undertake implementation planning, just to name a few.
You will need to develop and maintain relationships within the Bank, including with Senior Business Leaders, the BEN+ program, 1LOD and 2LOD teams and relevant Leadership teams.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Demonstrated skills and experience related to contemporary operational risk practices.
- Sound and current knowledge of contemporary and emerging risk and compliance management practices and banking trends.
- Demonstrated ability to synthesise complex quantitative and qualitative business and regulatory requirements, practices and issues and develop appropriate approaches.
- Demonstrated extensive experience in relationship management activities (either internally to an organisation or as an external) to effectively collaborate and work with diverse groups to drive target outcomes.
- Strong business judgment and problem-solving skills, demonstrated by making quality decisions by knowing when enough information is available or when additional information is required.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to changing circumstances and encourage staff to be open to change.
- Ability to encourage, motivate and guide individuals and teams in learning and improving effectiveness.
How to apply
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply online with your CV and cover letter.
Applications close: COB 9th June 2023
Please note shortlisting and interviews may take place prior to the advertised close date, so don't delay: apply now!
At Bendigo and Adelaide Bank we believe a diverse workforce supported by an inclusive culture is central to our success and we actively encourage applications from those who bring diversity of thought to our business. We support candidate requests for adjustment to accommodate an illness, injury or disability to equitably participate in the selection process.