Business Development Associate - Leveraged (Margin Lending)
Bendigo and Adelaide Bank
Location: Melbourne, New South Wales, Sydney
Job Type: Full time
Bendigo and Adelaide Bank’s strategy is built on our vision of being Australia’s leading customer connected Banking Group. Leveraged forms part of the bank’s diverse brand network and is one of the first and longest continually operating margin lending specialists in Australia.
At Leveraged, our service is designed to help clients navigate through dynamic market conditions and realise their financial goals. We proactively seek opportunities to add value to our customers and develop our business. Many investment professionals choose us over the competition to provide the framework to incorporate gearing into their clients’ wealth creation strategies.
About the opportunity
Leveraged have an opportunity for a Business Development Associate (BDA) where you will contribute to the new business, sales and retention strategy by working with and supporting Business Development Managers (BDMs) and broader Sales Team by actively converting and managing existing and new sales leads.
Key accountabilities include:
- Actively convert mainly advisor referred sales leads into business lending opportunities.
- Activate new facilities and ensure a smooth hand-over for ongoing relationship management with the Customer and Partner Engagement Team.
- Support Business Development Managers’ sales activity requirements through generating leads, coordinating appointments, sales reporting and coordinating conversion and activation requirements.
- Be BDMs’ support or secondary contact for advisors and act as primary contact in absence of BDM.
- Assist in the coordination of advisor functions, and any other ad hoc requirements.
- Ensure all administration processes are adhered to and contribute to any process improvement initiatives.
This opportunity will be based in Melbourne or Sydney with a flexible hybrid work arrangement with the expectation employees are in the office 2 days per week.
To be successful in the role you will have:
- Relevant tertiary education is essential e.g., Economics, Commerce, Business Management
- RG 146 accreditation is essential with Margin Lending Accreditation
- Knowledge and experience in stock broking or financial planning industry with an understanding of investment and gearing strategies.
- Demonstrated experience in converting customer needs into a sales-based solutions in a financial service environment.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written with the ability to build strong relationship and negotiate with a range of stakeholders.
- Strong organisational and time management skills with the ability to prioritise.
What we offer
- Innovative sales and leadership development programs
- As part of a national organisation, we can offer exciting opportunities within the broader Bendigo and Adelaide Bank Group
- Competitive remuneration package
- A range of staff benefits including discounts on bank products and services, share offers, flexible work options, paid parental leave and purchased leave options, excellent learning and development programs.
How to apply
If you are interested, please apply online with your CV and cover letter. Please find enclosed the position description for this role. Business Development Associate PD.docx
Applications close COB Tuesday 26th September 2023
At Bendigo and Adelaide Bank we believe a diverse workforce supported by an inclusive culture is central to our success and we actively encourage applications from those who bring diversity of thought to our business. We support candidate requests for adjustment to accommodate an illness, injury or disability to equitably participate in the selection process.