Customer Service Officer (Quarries) (North Ryde)
Job Type: Full time
Customer Service Officer | Quarries | North Ryde
Do you thrive on providing superior service and enjoy a high energy team environment? Join our North Ryde team as a Customer Contact Officer.
As a Customer Contact Officer, the key focus of the role is to be a point of contact in our customers’ interaction with Boral and provide solutions in relation to orders for new and existing customers. Your excellent communication skills and quick thinking will be key to success in this role. As a confident and assertive operator, you will negotiate win-win outcomes to satisfy customer requirements with inter department teams.
You will be working within a high energy team environment where performance, quality and fun are paramount to providing superior customer service and achieving outstanding results.
Hours of the role are rostered with shifts varying to cover the phones between 6am and 5pm Monday to Friday and alternate Saturdays from 6am to 10am.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Receive telephone orders and enter them into our systems in a precise and agile manner (with training provided)
- Understand production capabilities of the Boral plant and truck network and negotiate a mutually agreed supply arrangement with the customer and apply the most cost-effective solution
- Monitor progress of deliveries and provide delivery status information to the customer, utilising satellite vehicle tracking systems
- Build professional relationships with customers
- Maintain effective communication with Production, Technical, Transport, and Credit departments
To be considered for this role, you must have the following experience and attributes:
- Enthusiastic customer focus, willing to be an integral part of a busy and efficient order-taking and distribution team
- Exceptional communication skills (especially telephone techniques) to identify and resolve customer issues and capture customer orders with the highest level of precision.
- Knowledge of construction materials and industry preferred with Sales, logistics, distribution, allocation or scheduling experience.
- Computer literate
- Proven ability to learn and meet the challenges of an ever-changing environment
Conveniently located close to public transport, Boral is a great place to work. We value your abilities and reward results that drive business success. We share goals and celebrate individual and team success and provide a working environment that is safe, supportive and dynamic with a clear focus on continually encouraging and developing its people.
To express your interest please visit http://careers.boral.com.au