Quality Management Representative (Williamstown)
Job Type: Full time
Who we are:
Headquartered in Sydney, Boral is the largest integrated construction materials supplier in Australia. Our product suite consists of a broad range of construction materials, including aggregates, cement, concrete, asphalt, and recycled materials. Employing more than 9,000 employees and contractors, our operations span across 367 operating and distribution sites nationally. Through its products and services our team are proudly pursuing a lower carbon future, with an ambitious goal of net zero carbon emissions by 2030.
The QMR will be responsible for collecting, and compiling Quality documentation for timeous submission to the Client on the Project. The QMR will typically work with other engineering teams on the project to identify potential errors in the process or construction and oversee the rectification and then process improvements that could create a more efficient and effective project.
Your daily responsibilities will include:
- Obtaining Hold/Witness Point releases before any Asphalt Paving.
- Co-ordinate and assign Lot Numbers in conjunction with the client’s representative.
- Keeping Inspection and Test Plan documentation updated and up to standard in accordance with the relevant local authorities.
- Responsible for QA/QC documents of the entire project, including certificates, calibration, test results, inspection requests
- Develop and determine all standards to perform inspections and tests on all procedures, oversee all testing methods, and maintain high-quality standards for all processes.
- Notify the Project Team of any Non-Conforming work.
- Raise Non Conformances and participate in investigating, closing out and or rectification process.
- Review the quality of all materials and installation standards at the site, ensure compliance with all project specifications and quality, and collaborate with the department for all material procurement and quality materials.
- Supervise the effective implementation of all test and inspection schedules, ensure adherence to all procedures, and coordinate with various teams to perform quality audits on processes.
- Assist with employees to ensure knowledge of all quality standards, ensure compliance to all quality manuals and procedures, and collaborate with contractors and suppliers to maintain the quality of all systems.
- Monitor an efficient system, record all project activities, and analyze all processes to ensure all work meets quality requirements.
- Manage all work methods, maintain knowledge on quality assurance standards, monitor continuous application for all quality assurance processes, and recommend corrective actions for all operations.
- Coordinate with the Clients representative and Site In-charge for Inspection times and hold point release on ITP’s.
- Report to the Project Manager and Project Engineers, control, and monitor all activities related to Quality.
Do you possess the below skills:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team environment
- Extremely detail-oriented
- Great troubleshooting skills
- Working knowledge of process development and road construction processes
- Excellent organization and time management
- Ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- Civil Engineering Degree
- Previous experience in Asphalt and Spray seal Road Construction (Ideal)
Benefits & Rewards:
- Organization dedicated to health, safety and the environment
- Equal Opportunity Employer – Indigenous candidates are encouraged to apply
- Established ex-Defense Force Alumni providing ongoing support and mentoring
- Ongoing mentoring and guidance from outstanding industry leaders and colleagues
- Genuine career growth opportunities within Boral Australia
- Access to a variety of support networks including Boral Employee Assistance Program
If you want to join the Boral team, Click to Apply or visit http://careers.boral.com.au