Laboratory Services Manager
Job Type: Full time
Boral is the largest integrated construction materials supplier in Australia, producing and selling a broad range of construction materials, including aggregates, cement, concrete, asphalt, and recycled materials. Employing more than 5,000 employees and contractors, Boral's operations span across 367 operating and distribution sites nationally. Boral is proudly pursuing a lower carbon future through its products and services, for the generations to come.
About the Opportunity
We have an exciting, leadership opportunity for a Laboratory Services Manager to join our QLD Technical Services Team.
You will be responsible for providing hands on, operational expertise to a regionally diverse set of laboratories with a key focus on driving commercial & service performance. With no two days the same, you will support a dedicated team in various areas including safety, quality, service standards, compliance and people management.
- Work with business product lines to improve, standardise and optimise field testing, mix designs and laboratory solutions.
- Maintain laboratory standards and registration to NATA compliance requirements
- Work with leadership teams, engage front line employees with support from HSE functional teams, to reduce the rate of actual serious harm incidents, potential serious harm frequency rate and serious environmental incident frequency rate.
- Work with Sales, Operations and Technical Services to ensure provision of product and service to customer needs and expectations
- Oversee cost and maintenance budgets, ensuring targets are met
- Grow external revenue by promoting laboratory services, expanding opportunities, etc.
- Actively use operational excellence to optimise laboratories, nurture ideas and invest in continuous improvement
- Diploma in Laboratory Technology (Construction Materials Testing), or similar.
- NATA Level 5 Supervisory grading and demonstrated understanding of accreditation requirements
- 5 years’ experience in Laboratory Management within the building materials industry
- Strong leadership experience and attributes including outstanding people management, ability to influence and embed positive working cultures, reliability and approachability
- Proven ability in safety leadership and implementation of key initiatives including continuous improvement
- Demonstrated commercial acumen
What’s on Offer?
- Competitive Salary Package + Tool of Trade Vehicle
- Ongoing mentoring and guidance from outstanding industry leaders and colleagues
- Genuine career growth opportunities within Boral Australia
- Access to a variety of support networks including Boral Employee Assistance Program
- Opportunity to work for an organisation dedicated to health, safety and the environment
- Equal Opportunity Employer – Indigenous candidates are encouraged to apply
- Endorsed employer by Work180 for gender equality
Boral values and is committed to creating a diverse working environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All suitable applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability or age.