People & Culture Business Partner
Job Type: Full time
Australian Owned, Australian Made! At Boral, we are Building Something Great.
Boral is a leading Australian building products and construction materials group, and an ASX100 listed company. We are a team of more than 9,000 employees and contractors in Australia, with operations spanning every state and territory.
We lead the way in our industry, and pride ourselves on looking out for each other, doing what we say, and achieving together.?
Your next opportunity
We have a permanent opportunity for a passionate and agile People & Culture Business Partner to join Boral’s P&C Partnering team. Reporting to the Head of Business Partnering, you will be responsible for supporting our Southern & WA Concrete & Quarries operations and our team based in our Melbourne office.
At Boral, no two days are alike. Your expert contributions will span across leading EA negotiations, supporting grievance and disciplinary investigations, implementing our business unit P&C plans and supporting annual P&C processes. You will be responsible for enabling our leaders through Boral’s journey of improvement and change, and have the opportunity to be involved in a variety of national initiatives across leadership, diversity and standardisation.
This opportunity is well suited to an accomplished business partner with a track record of developing successful relationships within a large, multi-site, industrial business. Your optimism, adaptability and growth mindset will be key to your success at Boral.
- Providing subject-matter expertise to leaders in EA negotiation processes in conjunction with Boral’s central IR team
- Provide EA and Award interpretation and advice to leaders and employees
- Supporting the practical implementation of P&C annual plans
- Facilitate annual cycle activities across Performance & Reward, IR and Talent & Capability
- Provide advice to leaders undertaking grievance and disciplinary investigations and related processes
- Responding and resolving complaints or disputes
- Enabling leaders to fulfil their responsibilities through dedicated coaching and guidance
We are seeking a hands-on and change driven individual who can demonstrate:
- A well-rounded career in People & Culture, ideally within advisory and operational implementation focused roles
- Experience working in large organisations within industrial or related businesses, and working closely with EA-covered workforces
- Contemporary knowledge and experience in enterprise bargaining and managing union stakeholder interactions
- Success in leading and implementing P&C projects
- An autonomous and accountable work ethic coupled with a growth mindset and a collaborative approach
- Tertiary qualifications in Human Resources, Humanities, Business/Commerce, Law or Psychology
Benefits at Boral
- Join a large People & Culture team excited to support your development
- Partner with dedicated Centres of Excellence – IR/ER, Reward & Remuneration and Talent & Capability
- Earn a competitive base salary reflective of your skills and experience
- Enjoy free on-site parking at our Port Melbourne office
- Flex@Boral – enjoy flexibility in how you work
- Embark on genuine career opportunities within our People & Culture team and Boral Australia
- Access a variety of support networks including the Boral Employee Assistance Program
- Work for an Equal Opportunity Employer – Indigenous candidates are encouraged to apply and we are recognised as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for ALL Women!
Boral values and is committed to creating a diverse working environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All suitable applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability or age.