Operations Manager - Peppertree
Job Type: Full time
Based in the Southern Tablelands of NSW and reporting to the Metropolitan Operations Manager - we are seeking an Operations Manager whose primary focus will be to oversee the safe, efficient and effective operation of Peppertree Quarry, our largest quarry in NSW.
- Foster an environment that encourages a safety and business improvement culture at all levels ensuring that Boral Quarries is a market leader in the industry.
- Manage and coordinate the extraction of raw material to meet current and future market demands, in line with the mine operating plan, geotechnical advice, DA requirements and relevant safety and environmental standards
- Develop and maintain high quality employee relations through adopting effective practices to improve communication within the workplace.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with all your team members and actively give recognition to valuable efforts.
- Review of team performance through regular communication with all staff members.
- Create an environment that encourages employee involvement towards a business improvement culture at all levels ensuring that Boral is a market leader in the Industry.
- Implement, monitor and manage a preventative maintenance program
- Participate in Boral’s integrated supply chain to customers.
- Manage and analyse production performance and availability (OEE), technical compliance, and Boral Production Systems to achieve continual improvement
- Implement and maintain the Quality Assurance program in regard to specifications, service and customer requirements.
- Adhere to annual budgets and ensure resources are applied to deliver budgeted cost, production and sales targets
What are we looking for?
- Tertiary qualification in mining/civil/geology or similar discipline (desired).
- Management experience within Quarry or Mining Operations
- Previous statutory position holder experience
- Demonstrated understanding of OHS statutory legislation, and implementing business HSE policies and procedures
- Demonstrated leadership, people management, and/or mentoring skills
- Internal and external stakeholder management
Why join Boral?
- Organisation dedicated to health, safety and the environment
- Great opportunity for ongoing development and career progression.
- Permanent role with competitive remuneration package.
- Discounted financial services and external partner discounts
- Equal Opportunity Employer – Indigenous candidates are encouraged to apply
- Endorsed employer by Work180 for gender equality
- Established ex-Defence Force Alumni providing ongoing support and mentoring
Click to Apply or visit http://careers.boral.com.au
Boral is the largest vertically-integrated construction materials company in Australia. Our network includes prized quarry and cement infrastructure, bitumen, construction materials recycling, asphalt and concrete batching operations. We employ about 9,000 employees and contractors across our operations that span more than 360 sites nation-wide. For more than 75 years we’ve been building something great in Australia - rarely a day goes by that you wouldn’t pass one of our sites or trucks, enter a building, use a road, bridge, tunnel, footpath or other critical infrastructure that our people and products have helped enable.