Applications for this job have closed. This page will redirect to Canva employer page in 10 seconds.
Engineering Lead - Revenue Platform - Subscriptions (Back End) - Remote AU
Job Type: Full time
Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 86 million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,000 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
About the group/team
The Revenue Platform group is deeply rooted in the Product Growth Super Group org, owning the strategy and roadmap for enabling everyone, across the planet, to access the paid features of Canva, be this through a subscription or a one off transaction. No two countries are the same, it is our job to understand, evaluate and prioritise what works best and for who. We do everything from building out complex new payment integrations to enabling other Canva groups to achieve their goals and monetise their features.
Our Subscriptions Engine team is on a mission to build an accessible, scalable, and trustworthy subscriptions engine that enables anyone globally access to Canva’s premium offerings. We’ve recently launched Pay-as-you-grow billing as part of our new Canva Teams subscription and are continuing to focus on billing capabilities that help teams grow as well as investing in retention of our prepaid offerings for emerging markets.
About the role/specialty
We’re seeking a Technical Team Lead with strong backend experience to work with a cross-skilled engineering team and a Product Manager to implement and manage our subscription services that provide users access to premium features, provide billing transparency and value, reduce subscription churn and ultimately grows Canva’s Annual Recurring Revenue (ARR) metrics.
This role is for the Subscriptions Engine Team Lead, directly responsible for subscription retention, who would work closely with our Subscriptions Funnel Team Lead that is responsible for subscriptions acquisition. Our teams work closely with multiple stakeholders from various specialties including Data, Product, Design and Finance.
What you'll do
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
- Equity packages for you to truly be a part of the Canva journey.
- We have a hybrid work model (in-office & from home), with our offices are always open to you balancing flexibility and connection
- Flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
- Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
- An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development.. because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
- Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs and Fitness & Meditation Classes.
- Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.