Internal Communications Specialist
Job Type: Full time
Show that gap who’s boss!
Women are 16% less likely than men to apply to a job once they’ve viewed it, but are 16% more likely to get hired after applying to a job.*
*LinkedIn Talent Solutions Gender Insights Report 2019
Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 86 million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,000 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
About the team
Sitting within our Business Communications function, Canva’s Internal Communications team leads a global communications program that inspires, engages and aligns our team; driving company-wide communications that celebrate and recognize our one-of-a-kind culture while delivering engaging and compelling messaging across a range of channels and creative formats.
We help leaders communicate with more than 3,000 Canvanauts across the globe in ways that resonate, engage, inspire and keep our teams and groups aligned to Canvas’ vision, mission and culture. Key to this is ensuring that our team around the world has relevant and timely communication on company-wide goals and updates.
About the role
You’ll work closely with the Corporate Communications team to support and implement a global strategy, partnering with teams across the company to support internal communications needs while bringing a creative eye to our existing communications formats.
A strategic, resourceful storyteller, you'll be able to distill complex information and projects into creative and compelling narratives that inspire, engage and align our groups and teams across the globe. Experience managing both the strategy and execution of proactive internal communications plans, delivering cross-functional projects and crafting narratives that resonate with a variety of channels and audiences is preferred.
You'll work cross-functionally on numerous projects with a range of team members with experience supporting or leading internal communications in a rapidly growing and global company. You'll be tenacious, inherently curious, creative and able to deliver high-quality work under tight time constraints. There’s plenty of fun and exciting work to do, you'll be able to boldly prioritise and focus on projects that deliver the most impact!
What you’ll do
Who you’ll be
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
- Equity packages for you to truly be a part of the Canva journey.
- We have a hybrid work model (in-office & from home), with our offices are always open to you balancing flexibility and connection
- Flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
- Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
- An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development.. because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
- Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs and Fitness & Meditation Classes.
- Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
You’ve got this!