Job Type: Full time
Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 100+ million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,000 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
About the People Group
Canva’s People Group has a big mission to build the most effective and engaged company in the world! Our success is finding, growing and empowering the best engineers, designers, product managers, growth marketers and operators to ship incredible products to our global design community. As we continue to grow, we are looking for a People Partner (HR Business Partner) to join our global People Partnering team and help elevate our Engineering Speciality.
About the Role
You’ll be a champion of Canva’s values, working closely with your People Group peers and Engineering leads to coach, navigate and solve problems. You'll develop and launch programs that support all Canvanauts to be successful. You're someone who thrives in a fast-moving, fluid environment and is passionate about supporting teams to scale effectively.
You'll spend ~40% of your time managing and coordinating a wide range of projects supporting operational and strategic objectives. The remainder of the role will encompass a broad spectrum of HR advisory responsibilities, including providing advice and support to leaders and Canvanauts across the people and culture spectrum.
You're an HR enabler with a bias for action and results. You know that meeting the business where it's at, building exceptional foundations and positive relationships is the key to ensuring those high-impact, strategic pieces of work land with positive impact at scale.
This role can be remote-friendly across Australia and New Zealand, with a preference for Sydney.
What you'll do
What we're looking for
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
- Equity packages for you to truly be a part of the Canva journey.
- We have a hybrid work model (in-office & from home), with our offices are always open to you balancing flexibility and connection
- Flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
- Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
- An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development.. because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
- Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs and Fitness & Meditation Classes.
- Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.
You’ve got this!