Safety Trainer Assessor
Job Type: Full time
The Spark Consortium has been selected to deliver the Central Package of the North East Link Project - Victoria's biggest road project.
The Spark Consortium’s Design and Construction Contractor - which comprises Webuild, CPB Contractors, GS Engineering and Construction and China Construction Oceania - will deliver the twin three-lane tunnels and key interchanges for the project.
The Central Package will be delivered as a Public Private Partnership and provides three-lane twin tunnels that will close the missing link in Melbourne’s freeway network from the M80 Ring Road to an upgraded Eastern Freeway, reducing journey times and diverting heavy vehicles away from local roads. Up to 135,000 vehicles will use North East Link every day, reducing congestion in the north-east while maintaining local roads. The project is due for completion late 2027
About the role:
To support the delivery of the North East Link we have multiple roles for Safety Trainer Assessor to join the health and safety team in supporting the project in achieving optimum safety outcomes. This opportunity will allow you to demonstrate your previous success, learnings, and knowledge, gained from a successful training career, whilst supporting staff and sub-contractors to achieve best possible outcomes.
Desirable requirements for this role include:
- Experience working on construction projects in a safety related position – ideally in civil
- Strong relationship building, influencing and negotiation skills
- Experience in demonstrating and communicating visible safe work behaviours to maintain high levels of risk awareness
- Experience in providing health and safety-based input to, reinforce total commitment to safety
- Experience in understand and communicate company systems and processes to provide workers with training, equipment, and support to work safely and keep the public safe
Our minimum requirements for the role are:
- Certificate IV in Training and assessment
- Experience in presenting to groups in the workplace
- Well-developed understanding in the interpretation of Training and assessment legislation.
- Development of reports and close out of corrective actions.
If this opportunity is of interest to you, please click on the ‘Apply now’ button to register your interest and please also subscribe to ‘Job Alerts’ to be notified of upcoming opportunities with SPARK.
Whilst we are keen to hear from candidates with proven infrastructure project experience or experience working for a Tier 1 or Tier 2 Contractor to be a part of an iconic construction project in Melbourne, Victoria, we also will consider applicants that are seeking to enter or re-enter the industry.
SPARK is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and actively seeks to remove barriers people may face in gaining a successful position on the North East Link Central Package. We value diversity, inclusion, and equity through providing a working environment where all employees feel included, valued, and free to bring their different skills, experiences, and perspectives.