Job Type: Full time
We’re building Queensland’s future
CBGU JV is working on Queensland’s largest infrastructure project and we’re building our team for the future. South East Queensland is about to embark on a period of sustained growth in the lead up to the 2032 Olympics, and we are thrilled to be involved in developing Cross River Rail, which will forever change the way Queenslander’s travel.
CBGU JV brings together CPB Contractors, BAM, Ghella and UGL to deliver the Tunnel and Station Package for Brisbane’s Cross River Rail, the 10.2 kilometre rail line between Dutton Park and Bowen Hills, including 5.9 kilometres of tunnel under the Brisbane River and CBD. The project also includes construction of four new underground stations at Roma Street, Albert Street, Boggo Road and Woolloongabba, where the future upgraded Olympic stadium will stand.
All project sites and offices are based in inner city Brisbane, and what’s not to love. Queensland’s ‘River City’ is booming with activity, while still retaining its laidback lifestyle. Don’t miss out on the chance to be part of working on South-East Queensland’s largest infrastructure project that will leave a lasting legacy for the city of Brisbane for years to come.
One project team, building career opportunities for you.
Reporting to the Senior Safety Advisor, this role sits within the Testing & Commissioning team. You will contribute to the achievement of the project’s Safety and Health Objectives by ensuring that all staff and contractors comply with Statutory, Contractual and Safety Management System obligations.
You will be responsible for:
- Developing and implementing initiatives that support our One HSE Culture and a commitment to Our Vision and Values.
- Ensure safety systems and procedures are followed to ensure adherence with legislative requirements.
- Actively participate in the development of Safe Work Method Statements.
- Monitoring and conducting regular Safety compliance checks and audits with the project sites.
- Actively involve and coach project supervisors and personnel to support their ongoing development and knowledge of Safety processes and practices.
- Ensure actions from inspections, audits, incident investigations, observations, hazard reports, staff meetings and workforce meetings are captured, recorded and followed through until closed out.
Minimum requirements for this role include the following:
- Relevant Degree, Diploma or Certificate in Health and Safety.
- Previous experience as a Safety professional in a construction environment.
- Testing and Commissioning experience highly desirable.
- Demonstrable experience of Safety Management System implementation.
- ICAM Lead Investigator or Taproot Incident Investigation qualification (desired).
- Inspection and report writing skills.
At CBGU JV, we are committed to workplace diversity and to providing flexible work opportunities on our project. We support women in construction and Indigenous advancement and participation and we encourage people of all cultural backgrounds to apply.
Please note: This role is being sourced through CBGU JV partners directly and we will not accept applications via external recruitment agencies.