Group Head of Sponsorships & Events
Job Type: Full time
GROUP HEAD OF SPONSORSHIP & EVENTS
At Crown, our overall success is achieved through a combined team effort, therefore we strive to provide opportunities for our employees to learn, grow and thrive in a positive and supportive work environment which embraces diversity and inclusiveness. Crown is “a world of entertainment” and we strive to make the ordinary extraordinary through our purpose: Together, we create exceptional experiences with respect and care for our communities.
Reporting to the Group EGM – Brand & Marketing, the Group Head of Sponsorship & Events will be a crucial member of the newly formed Group Brand & Marketing team, which exists to be the champion of the Crown brand and its strategic development, driving consumer awareness, brand fame and visitation through effective and differentiated brand leadership of the marketing mix.
This role centres around the commercial management and activation leverage of a national sponsorship and event portfolio for Crown, at Group Level. You’ll plan and execute an annual sponsorship and event calendar to the high bar of advertising standards that the Crown brand will set and will manage a team to deliver brand fame through innovative partnerships and activation. Most importantly, you’ll take the North Star for Crown (our brand purpose) and will ensure everything that your team says or does point directly towards it.
This role can be based in Sydney, Melbourne or Perth.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and implement a strategy to tell the Crown brand story through sponsorship and events
- Identify sponsorship & event opportunities to grow the annual portfolio and lead the negotiation of contracted rights and opportunities with partners
- Ensure that all contracted rights are delivered and that our brand is represented in the right way, always
- Lead all sponsorship and event activations through the lens of the brand purpose, and creatively identify opportunities to tell our story
- Be the first point of contact for external activation agencies and rights holders
- Champion the Crown brand and its purpose through strong stakeholder management, engagement and awareness
- Oversee a team of direct reports to assist in sponsorship and event management and activation
Key selection criteria:
- Proven commercial experience with partnership and event rights holders
- Proven experience in event production management and partnership activation
- Proven experience in leading a diverse team
- A continuous improvement mindset and desire to be a change agent to make a positive difference
- Strategic yet pragmatic approach with the ability to execute in a changing environment, across properties
- Tertiary qualifications in marketing/advertising
- Ability to obtain and hold Casino Special Employee Licenses across Sydney, Melbourne & Perth
What we offer you:
- A key opportunity to be part of the transformation and evolution of Crown Resorts
- Generous discounts across Crown hotels and restaurants Australia wide
- Flexible working and paid parental leave
- Complimentary meals at our on-site staff restaurant and café
- Access to discounts with our various corporate partners across travel, insurance, heath & wellbeing, fashion, banking & finance, technology, parking
Applications close: Midnight, Friday 24th March 2023
As part of Crown’s inclusive culture, we strongly encourage applications across all cultural backgrounds, genders and abilities. Please contact email@example.com for more information.