Group General Manager Mechanical, Electrical & Plumbing
Job Type: Full time
At Crown Resorts, employees embrace our company values through our behaviours. We act respectfully, we are passionate, we work together, and we do the right thing. We uphold these values in every interaction, whether it be our customers, our colleagues or our community.
Reporting to the Chief Property Design & Development Officer, as the Group General Manager Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing (MEP), you will have responsibility of planning and managing the MEP services through the lifecycle of the projects across the Crown Resort Properties. In this role, you will work with the property design and development team to ensure accurate cost estimation and documentation in the planning stages of the projects. In this role, you will need to consider sustainable building, automation, and energy consumption, and conduct audits throughout the project lifespan.
As Crown Resorts transforms its business, Chief Property Design & Development Officer, Michael Gebhard is looking to grow his team. As a result, we have some exciting opportunities available to contribute to the strategy and execution of the future of Crown.
These opportunities are Melbourne based and applications close 30 May 2023.
Some responsibilities of the role will include, but are not limited to:
- Estimate and scope MEP trades during pre-construction.
- Review Contract Documents, making suggestions/modifications as they relate to the MEP trades.
- Manage and lead MEP subcontractors throughout life-span of the project.
- Assist the planning and commercial team with developing detailed schedules for all MEP installation activities, including cost and resource loading.
- Review and approve material and equipment for MEP systems prior to installation.
- Coordinate activities, materials procurement and other related activities.
- Communicate progress and prepare appropriate reports.
- Lead and direct the coordination process to resolve all conflicts prior to start of installations.
- Take overall responsibility for the performance of all MEP trades.
- Pre snag of all elements prior to client final / partial inspections / handovers.
- Management of the coordinated services drawings early in the project.
- Ensure the construction, installation and commissioning works are developing as planned.
- Ensure the installation and commissioning works are managed in accordance with the relevant quality procedures.
- Manage the commissioning works in a sequenced and structured phasing from pre-commissioning checks to live performance testing.
- Coordinate all works in accordance with Health & Safety requirements including on-site permit systems.
- Lead and develop the team’s skills, expertise and capabilities.
To be successful, you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering or related field.
- Strong understanding of all mechanical, electrical, plumbing and low-voltage systems, with experience dealing with MEP subcontracts and subcontractors.
- Expertise with Building Codes, Mechanical Codes, Electrical Codes and Plumbing Codes with extensive experience in building or design related projects in the Entertainment or Hospitality Industry, ideally within integrated resorts.
- Highly developed technical ability in MEP.
- Strong communication skills with developed diplomacy and influencing skills as well as experience building and leading a team.
We offer you the opportunity to work within a large and talented team within a superior and vibrant brand. If you want to be part of the experience that only Crown can offer, and have the required skills and qualifications, then please submit your resume via Crown Careers.
As part of Crown’s inclusive culture, we strongly encourage applications across all cultural backgrounds, genders and abilities.