Head of Security
Job Type: Full time
At Crown, our overall success is achieved through a combined team effort, therefore we strive to provide opportunities for our employees to learn, grow and thrive in a positive and supportive work environment which embraces diversity and inclusiveness. It is expected that employees always demonstrate company core values and consistently create an environment where behaviours demonstrate each value with respective colleagues and customers.
An opportunity has become available for an experienced individual to join the Security Department in the role of Head of Security. Reporting directly to the Executive General Manager Security you will be responsible for leading a safe, secure, and friendly customer focused environment at Crown Perth by providing exceptional security services. This position requires contemporary knowledge of security and protection related risks together with the ability to work with and lead others to achieve shared goals.
The Head of Security will work collaboratively with a variety of internal departments to ensure effective communication and collaboration to make Crown Perth a safe place to work and visit 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. You will also be a key liaison for external parties such as Law Enforcement, Intelligence Agencies, Regulators, City of Victoria Park, Optus Stadium and United Voice Union. You will be an effective communicator with strong values when representing Crown Perth.
We are seeking an individual with a high level of interpersonal and negotiation skills who can also create and implement policy and process improvements as well as compliance and audit requirements.
To be successful, you will need to demonstrate the following:
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in an operational management role, preferably within a security related environment
- Experience with preparing and analysing financial reports, risk profiling and data collection.
- High level of customer service experience with well-developed verbal and written communication skills, judgement, and decision-making skills.
- Proven people skills, managing teams and providing command and control to operational teams as required.
- Developing and maintaining effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong negotiation skills
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and regulation associated with security operations and licensed premises
- Ability to design, discuss and deliver short term and long-term projects ensuring deadlines are met
- Qualifications in Business/Management or Security Operations is highly desirable
What we offer you: This is a full-time position with opportunities for future development. Crown Perth provides free parking and free meals at our staff restaurant The Hive. Crown Perth staff have access to attractive discounts and benefits across the Perth, Melbourne, and Sydney properties.
Applications close: EOD Monday 5th June 2023 *Crown Perth reserves the right to progress with candidates prior to the closing date of this advertisement, with this in mind this position may be filled prior to 5th June.
Our Crown Community celebrates uniqueness and embraces diversity. We welcome the creativity, insights and experiences from people of different race, age, religion, cultural background, gender, people with disability, people who identify as LGBTIQ+ and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander; people like you.