Sous Chef - Junction Grill
Job Type: Full time
At Crown, our overall success is achieved through a combined team effort, therefore we strive to provide opportunities for our employees to learn, grow and thrive in a positive and supportive work environment which embraces diversity and inclusiveness. It is expected that employees always demonstrate company core values and consistently create an environment where behaviours demonstrate each value with respective colleagues and customers.
As Sous Chef at Junction Grill, you will be responsible for the smooth operation of the kitchen in the absence of the Chef De Cuisine.
To excel in this role, you will have strong culinary operations experience and good motivation to drive the team to produce meals that exceed guest experience every visit.
Key Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Assisting the Chef De Cuisine prepare and manage budgets where appropriate
- Assist Chef De Cuisine with developing appropriate plans and strategies to recruit, motivate, develop and retain high calibre people to meet business outcomes
- Lead, coach and empowering others
- Assist in training within the outlet including HACCP procedures
- Assist the Chef De Cuisine with ensuring policies and procedures are strictly adhered to
- Ensure the product consistency is attained in regards to appearance and taste
To be successful, you will need to demonstrate the following:
- Experience in a similar role
- Ability to work Full-Time hours over a rotating roster
- Passion for delivering exceptional cuisine
- Ability to lead by example and motivate a team of kitchen professionals
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Good time management, task prioritisation and resource management
- Knowledge and commitment to Equal Opportunity, Ethical Practice and Occupational Health and Safety
- Experience using Computers and Information Management Systems
- Experience within a 4 or 5 star environment is advantageous
- Minimum of Certificate III in Commercial Cookery
What we offer you:
This is a Full-Time position with opportunities for future development. Crown Perth provides free parking, uniforms washed and laundered on site and free meals at our staff restaurant The Hive. Crown Perth staff have access to attractive discounts and benefits across the Perth, Melbourne and Sydney properties.
Applications Close Thursday 8th of June 2023
Our Crown Community celebrates uniqueness and embraces diversity. We welcome the creativity, insights and experiences from people of different race, age, religion, cultural background, gender, people with disability, people who identify as LGBTIQ+ and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander; people like you.
Crown conducts pre-employment checks throughout the Recruitment process including police checks. You may also be subject to further checks including an international police check, working rights check and a pre-employment health assessment.