WHS Manager (Data Centres & Warehouse)
Fujitsu Australia and New Zealand
Job Type: Full time
We are Fujitsu. A Japanese company with a strong set of values and a history of respecting fairness and equality, whilst promoting diversity and inclusion. We constantly push ourselves to do better and strive to bring together a diverse mix of perspectives and talents in an inclusive environment, where we encourage our people to bring their full selves to work. We call this Be Completely You.
We are inclusive. As a responsible business, it is important to us that we reflect the diversity of our society and customers. Globally, Fujitsu is not only a Disability Confident company, a Times Top 50 employer for Women, and a signatory for the Race at Work Charter. We are also committed to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals and in Australia we have been recognised as an AWEI Bronze employer for our LGBTI+ inclusion. We also have specific inclusion efforts with First Nations Peoples in New Zealand through our Maori and Pacific Peoples Inclusion Plan and in Australia with our Reconciliation Action Plan.
We are people centric. This means we care about our people (and their families and communities) and appreciate that everyone has a life outside of work. By supporting our people to Work Your Way, we empower them to achieve a flexible and respectful approach to work which suits them and our customers best - this could be working hours, location, or a flexible approach to their working day.
We want you to thrive. If working for a progressive organisation, with a continuing commitment to diversity and inclusion is important, you should apply.
Shape your world and achieve together
Fujitsu is seeking a full-time Health and Safety Manager to ensure best practice health and safety outcomes across its data centre and warehouse locations in Australia. The candidate will be responsible for coordinating and implementing the Fujitsu safety management system in cooperation with operations and safety leadership.
Building your own path to success:
Reporting to the Head of Health and Safety, and working closely with the data centre and warehouse leadership team, operational managers, staff, and key contractors, you will:
- Collaborate with site leadership, operations team and local WHS resources to implement the Fujitsu work health and safety management system (WHSMS)
- Identify and advise management of compliance issues, safety risks, and improvement opportunities through the conduct of formal and informal monitoring activities and consultation
- Ensure and verify that safety systems, processes and procedures are embedded in day-to-day practices and close any gaps
- Build safety leadership capability through partnering with and coaching managers and teams
- Promote the health and safety focus with our clients, customers and contractors
- Develop and implement safety training initiatives to reduce incidents and risk exposure
- Drive a standardised and consistent approach where practical, enhancing the services Fujitsu provides to the market
- Lead or support incident investigations and root cause analysis, so that corrective and preventive actions can be identified, communicated, and implemented
- Analyse and communicate meaningful safety metrics to leadership to drive action and accountability
- Work with leaders, staff, and contractors at all levels to implement effective Wellbeing & Safety solutions.
- A minimum of 5+ years of progressive experience in WHS is required, with demonstrated knowledge and experience controlling diverse risk profiled in complex organisations.
- Experence of managing WHS acorss a multi/diverse site environment
- Current working knowledge of the health, safety and wellbeing regulatory environment and other applicable safety standards including high risk,contractors ,working at heights ,robotics
- Degree in Workplace, Health and Safety or a related discipline (preferred) or transferrable experience
- Effective ability to operate beyond a compliance based WHS management approach to collaborate with various stakeholders to find solutions that effectively control risk and support business needs.
- Role requires a self-starter, a skilled and confident communicator, adept at influencing at all levels.
- The successful candidate will be an effective communicator and send clear, concise, and consistent messages, both verbally and in writing to achieve positive health and safety outcomes
Fujitsu complies with government legislation in various jurisdictions which in some circumstances may impose a requirement that certain workers be vaccinated against COVID-19 (or otherwise have a valid exemption). Also, for client facing roles, some of our customers require our staff to be vaccinated to attend their workplaces. Based on Fujitsu’s assessment of workplace risk and the safety and wellbeing of our people and consultation with our staff, Fujitsu has a Vaccination Requirements policy which requires all new employees to have received at least two COVID-19 vaccinations or have a n approved medical exemption or otherwise be approved by the Crisis Management Team (CMT). Exemptions will need to be reviewed and approved by Fujitsu’s CMT, prior to being employed. Note that for some roles, employees may need booster vaccination(s) in accordance with a public health order or customer requirement. Recruits will be required to provide evidence of their vaccination status as part of the recruitment process.
Applications for this role close on 24th December 2022
You’ve got this!