Penetration Test Analyst - NV2
Fujitsu Australia and New Zealand
Job Type: Contract/temp
Penetration Test Analyst – NV2
We use technology to make happier lives. We are a global leader in technology and business solutions that transform organisations and the world around us. We have a long heritage of bringing innovation and expertise, continuously working to contribute to the growth of society and our customers.
About the role
As a Penetration Tester, you will be responsible for evaluating the security of computer systems, networks, and applications. Your role will involve conducting controlled ethical hacking activities to identify vulnerabilities and weaknesses in the target systems. You will work closely with the organization's security team to assess, test, and recommend improvements to enhance the overall security posture.
To take the next step in your next career opportunity we are seeking candidates with experience in:
- Perform Security Assessments: Conduct comprehensive security assessments of computer systems, networks, and applications to identify potential vulnerabilities and weaknesses.
- Conduct Penetration Testing: Utilize a combination of manual and automated techniques to simulate real-world attacks and attempt to exploit identified vulnerabilities in a controlled and ethical manner.
- Vulnerability Identification: Use scanning tools, manual testing techniques, and social engineering to identify security vulnerabilities such as misconfigurations, weak passwords, software flaws, and network weaknesses. Exploit Vulnerabilities: Attempt to exploit identified vulnerabilities to gain unauthorized access or control over the target systems, documenting the steps taken and the outcomes for reporting purposes.
- Report Writing: Prepare detailed reports documenting the vulnerabilities discovered, the methods used to exploit them, and the potential impact of these vulnerabilities. Provide clear and actionable recommendations to mitigate identified risks.
- Stay Updated: Continuously update knowledge and skills in the field of penetration testing, keeping up with the latest hacking techniques, security trends, and emerging threats.
- Participate in ongoing training, research, and industry conferences. Collaboration: Work closely with the organization's security team to ensure that security vulnerabilities are appropriately addressed.
- Collaborate with system administrators, developers, and other stakeholders to implement security measures and remediate vulnerabilities.
- Compliance and Ethics: Adhere to ethical guidelines, legal boundaries, and regulatory requirements during all security assessments.
- Obtain proper authorization from the target organization and handle sensitive information with the utmost confidentiality.
- Strong understanding of computer systems, networks, and applications. Knowledge of common vulnerabilities and exploitation techniques.
- Familiarity with penetration testing tools and frameworks. Proficiency in programming and scripting languages.
- Experience with network protocols, security standards, and encryption techniques. Understanding of security assessment methodologies and best practices. Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Has a strong technical aptitude with knowledge of and strong skill in one or more of:
- Network analysis
- Vulnerability assessment
- Malware analysis
- Code execution
- Cyber risk analysis
We are an organisation with a strong set of values and a history of respecting fairness and equality, whilst promoting diversity, equity and inclusion. We constantly push ourselves to do better and strive to bring together a diverse mix of perspectives and talents in an inclusive environment, where we encourage our people to bring their full selves to work. We call this Be Completely You.
- We put people first. We believe in the power of diversity to drive innovation and our Work180 accreditation, AWEI Gold Employer status and Rainbow Tick certification for LGBTI+ inclusion show that we value an inclusive culture.
- We offer tailored career paths across our global organisation to support your professional and personal growth.
- Our customers trust us. We have an excellent reputation across the region and globally.
- Best in class reward and recognition programs – flexible work, volunteering leave and more.
- We live our values of aspiration, trust and empathy, all day, every day.
If you don’t tick every box in this job description, please don’t rule yourself out. Research suggests that women and other people in underrepresented groups tend to only apply if they meet every requirement. We focus on hiring people who value inclusion, collaboration, adaptability, courage, and integrity, rather than ticking boxes – so if this resonates with you, then please apply.
For Security cleared roles - PLEASE NOTE:Due to the inherent requirements of the role, candidates must be Australian Citizen and hold NV2 clearance. The role will or will likely involve access to controlled technology, must satisfy additional restrictions and requirements as a consequence of the International Traffic in Arms Regulations and the Export Administration Regulations. As a consequence of these restrictions and requirements, applicants may be adversely impacted if they are not Australian citizens, are dual nationals, hold citizenship from proscribed countries or are not of Australian national origin. Please refer to Discrimination (Fujitsu Australia Limited) Exemption 2017 (No 1) Notifiable instrument NI2020-672 (ACT).
You’ve got this!