Intermediate Project Engineer - Perth
Job Type: Not Specified
Requisition ID: 85270
Job Category: Project Engineering
Location: Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Join a company that is passionately committed to the pursuit of a better world through positive change. With more than 65 years of business and technical expertise in mining, energy, and infrastructure, our 10,000 colleagues in 150 countries tirelessly work toward bettering the industries in which we operate. With practical solutions that are safe, innovative and sustainable, we think globally while acting locally.
Our Project Delivery Group (PDG) is a dynamic team of professionals passionately committed to world-class project delivery across the globe. With expertise in sustainable studies, asset building and operations, and industry-leading efficiencies, our best-in-class team leverages methodologies, governance and systems that are unparalleled in the engineering space.
Looking to take the next step in your career? Hatch is currently seeking a highly effective Intermediate Project Engineer join our Project Delivery Group (PDG) group in Perth.
The Project Engineer will report to the Project Manager or Area Manager. This position will require a high level of collaboration with all team members including the client, contractor, and construction manager to successfully complete the project on time and on budget.
As the successful candidate you will:
- Assists the Project Manager to coordinate overall delivery of the Project scope of work, including delivery to safety, cost, schedule and quality objectives.
- Coordinates activities of other project functions, including engineering, contracts and procurement, quality, construction and commissioning, required to deliver the Project scope of work.
- Coordinates interfaces with other project Areas, including scope battery limits, contract and contractor interfaces and workfront management and resource prioritisation, to contribute to overall project outcomes.
- Coordinates change, risk and issues management for the Project, including initiating Project Change Notices, monitoring risks affecting the Project and corresponding risk controls, and preparing response plans to project deviations.
You will bring to this role:
- Degree in engineering or related field of study
- Project management competencies
- 3-5+ years industry experience
- Previous site experience preferred.
Why join us?
- Work with great people to make a difference
- Collaborate on exciting projects to develop innovative solutions
- Top employer
What we offer you?
- Flexible work environment
- Long term career development
- Think globally, work locally
Don't meet every single requirement? You don't need to. At Hatch, we are building a diverse, inclusive workplace that fosters innovation. If you're interested in this role, we encourage you to apply even if your past experiences don't perfectly align with the skills we've listed.
As an accredited Employer of Choice for Gender Equality (WGEA) and Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Within Australia, this includes supporting and encouraging a flexible workplace and a comprehensive benefit offering. If you have any special needs requirements, please discuss with us and we will do our utmost to accommodate your request.