Job Type: Not Specified
Requisition ID: 86764
Job Category: Project Controls
Location: Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Join a company that is passionately committed to the pursuit of a better world through positive change. With more than 65 years of business and technical expertise in mining, energy, and infrastructure, our 10,000 colleagues in 150 countries tirelessly work toward bettering the industries in which we operate. With practical solutions that are safe, innovative and sustainable, we think globally while acting locally.
Our Project Delivery Group (PDG) is a dynamic team of professionals passionately committed to world-class project delivery across the globe. With expertise in sustainable studies, asset building and operations, and industry-leading efficiencies, our best-in-class team leverages methodologies, governance and systems that are unparalleled in the engineering space. Are you looking for an opportunity to join a diverse group of professionals who are committed to remaining exceptional? We look forward to hearing from you.
Looking to take the next step in your career? Hatch is currently seeking a highly motivated Project Controller to join our Project Delivery Group (PDG) in Adelaide.
As the successful candidate, you will:
- Establish project control baselines
- Measure progress against established rules of credit using earned value management principles
- Manage change to ensure only value-adding and appropriately authorised changes are implemented
- Monitor commodity quantity, hours and cost trends
- Evaluate performance to forecast likely schedule and cost outcomes
- Prepare accurate and timely schedule and cost progress reporting
- Maintain project management and reporting systems
- Strong MS Office Skills and experience with Primavera P6 preferred
- Support the project team and influence better project outcomes
You bring to the role:
- Engineering or Business degree or equivalent related experience
- Strong relevant post-graduate experience in a project environment with detailed knowledge of Estimating, Cost Control, Planning, or Quantity Surveying
- Experience in multi-discipline capital study or project environments from inception to close out
- Broad business acumen including risk assessment and management
- Facilitation, negotiation skills and report writing skills
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills
- Demonstrated organisational skills, and the ability to multi-task, prioritise, take direction, and provide direction to others ensuring the quality of deliverables
- Excellent safety awareness
Why join us?
- Work with great people to make a difference
- Collaborate on exciting projects to develop innovative solutions
- Top employer
What we offer you?
- Flexible work environment
- Long term career development
- Think globally, work locally
Don't meet every single requirement? You don't need to. At Hatch, we are building a diverse, inclusive workplace that fosters innovation. If you're interested in this role, we encourage you to apply even if your past experiences don't perfectly align with the skills we've listed.
As an accredited Employer of Choice for Gender Equality (WGEA) and Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Within Australia, this includes supporting and encouraging a flexible workplace and a comprehensive benefit offering. If you have any special needs requirements, please discuss with us and we will do our utmost to accommodate your request.