KSR - Package Engineer - Brisbane
Job Type: Not Specified
Requisition ID: 84601
Job Category: Engineering
Location: Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Join a company that is passionately committed to the pursuit of a better world through positive change. With more than 65 years of business and technical expertise in mining, energy, and infrastructure, our 10,000 colleagues in 150 countries tirelessly work toward bettering the industries in which we operate. With practical solutions that are safe, innovative and sustainable, we think globally while acting locally.
Our Project Delivery Group (PDG) is a dynamic team of professionals passionately committed to world-class project delivery across the globe. With expertise in sustainable studies, asset building and operations, and industry-leading efficiencies, our best-in-class team leverages methodologies, governance and systems that are unparalleled in the engineering space.
Looking to take the next step in your career? Hatch is currently seeking a highly motivated Package Engineer to join our Project Delivery Group (PDG) in Brisbane.
We manage our clients’ entire project lifecycle from studies to building assets, operating the assets, and developing efficiencies. Join our team and become part of a community that strives for positive change - providing the best solutions for our clients’ toughest challenges!
As the successful candidate you will;
Report directly to the Mechanical Discipline Lead assume overall responsibility for all activities associated with the procurement package and for the analysis, design, and schedule of the package with a key focus on developing system solutions that meet operational requirements.
Additional responsibilities include;
- Coordinating and negotiate with the customer on specifications and deliverables
- Preparing the vendor data schedule and requirements section of the specification, in collaboration with the other practices and the project planner
- Assist in interpreting the plant PFDs, P&IDs, and plant battery limits and constraints
- Execute designs following the mechanical and layout design criteria developed
- Perform system analysis, calculations, define design criteria, equipment configuration and sizing.
- Coordinate technical aspects during the design phase, including Vendor pre-qualification and Battery limit interface design and coordination
- Prepare the complete package scope, specification and data sheets including all relevant package sections
- Provide guidance to engineers and designers assigned to assist in the preparation of the procurement or contract package.
- Prepare the tender analysis documentation once the bids are received. This includes a bid evaluation comparing the specified requirements with what the bidders will be supplying as well as a technical recommendation.
You bring to the role:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering from accredited College or University
- Thorough knowledge of industry or regulatory standards, regulations, and codes pertinent to the design and systems related to the project
- Understanding of other discipline interfaces and requirements
- Experience with working on a project in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Good understanding of the flow of information and data within a project environment.
- Familiar with operability and maintainability reviews, HAZOP studies.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
Why join us?
- Work with great people to make a difference
- Collaborate on exciting projects to develop innovative solutions
- Top employer
What we offer you?
- Flexible work environment
- Career development
- Think globally, work locally
Don't meet every single requirement? You don't need to. At Hatch, we are building a diverse, inclusive workplace that fosters innovation. If you're interested in this role, we encourage you to apply even if your past experiences don't perfectly align with the skills we've listed.
As an accredited Employer of Choice for Gender Equality (WGEA) and Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Within Australia, this includes supporting and encouraging a flexible workplace and a comprehensive benefit offering. If you have any special needs requirements, please discuss with us and we will do our utmost to accommodate your request.