Senior Signalling Engineer
Job Type: Not Specified
Requisition ID: 85153
Job Category: Infrastructure
Location: Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia
Join a company that is passionately committed to the pursuit of a better world through positive change. With more than 65 years of business and technical expertise in mining, energy, and infrastructure, our 10,000 colleagues in 150 countries tirelessly work toward bettering the industries in which we operate. With practical solutions that are safe, innovative and sustainable, we think globally while acting locally. Are you looking for an opportunity to join a diverse group of professionals who are committed to remaining exceptional? We look forward to hearing from you.
Our expertise in infrastructure includes aviation, highways and bridges, planning and advisory services, ports, rail and transit, tunnels, and water. Want to be part of the creation and construction of our cities? Then the infrastructure team is for you!
Australia is currently experiencing unprecedented levels of rail infrastructure investment from both Federal and State governments, involving all modes of rail services, from long-haul freight to local passenger services. Activities involve procurement of new rolling stock, including light and heavy rail passenger fleets and necessary upgrades of track and signalling systems. Though new technologies providing train protection and enhanced signalling such as ETCS and CBTC are being implemented in most new procurements and are being retrofitted to existing legacy rolling stock, there is upgrade and new work to be conducted for the traditional signalling in the network.
As the successful candidate, you bring to the role:
- Bachelor of Engineering or Master of Science in Electronic / Electrical / Signalling Engineering
- Membership in the Institute of Railway Signalling Engineers or other professional organization
- 8 years of post-graduate experience, 4 of which include design, installation, test and commissioning of signalling systems and components
- Familiarity with Rail Transit Safety Requirements
- Familiarity with the operation/maintenance of railway and rail transit signals systems
- Management experience in a multi-discipline project, familiarity with Project Management tools
- Must be detail oriented, possess excellent organization skills, ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines and maintain a high quality of work
- Excellent written and oral communication skills as well as the ability to work well in a team environment are a must
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Familiarity with current software based vehicle-borne control and signalling systems, examples include cab-signalling or ETCS Level 2 systems is preferred but not mandatory
Why join us?
- Work with great people to make a difference
- Collaborate on exciting projects to develop innovative solutions
- Top employer
What we offer you?
- Flexible work environment
- Long term career development
- Think globally, work locally
Don't meet every single requirement? You don't need to. At Hatch, we are building a diverse, inclusive workplace that fosters innovation. If you're interested in this role, we encourage you to apply even if your past experiences don't perfectly align with the skills we've listed.
As an accredited Employer of Choice for Gender Equality (WGEA) and Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Within Australia, this includes supporting and encouraging a flexible workplace and a comprehensive benefit offering. If you have any special needs requirements, please discuss with us and we will do our utmost to accommodate your request.