Intermediate Mechanical Engineer - Brisbane
Job Type: Not Specified
Requisition ID: 85207
Job Category: Engineering
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Join a company that is passionately committed to the pursuit of a better world through positive change. With more than 65 years of business and technical expertise in mining, energy, and infrastructure, our 10,000 colleagues in 150 countries tirelessly work toward bettering the industries in which we operate. With practical solutions that are safe, innovative and sustainable, we think globally while acting locally.
Our Project Delivery Group (PDG) is a dynamic team of professionals passionately committed to world-class project delivery across the globe. With expertise in sustainable studies, asset building and operations, and industry-leading efficiencies, our best-in-class team leverages methodologies, governance and systems that are unparalleled in the engineering space.
Looking to take the next step in your career? Hatch is currently seeking a highly motivated Intermediate Mechanical Engineer to join our Project Delivery Group (PDG) in Brisbane.
PDG helps clients reach their business goals through a range of strong technical capabilities. We ensure world-class project delivery through the skills of our people, methodologies, governance, and systems. Our engineering and project management and construction disciplines ensure safe, efficient, and sustainable delivery of projects globally across the metals and mining, infrastructure, and energy sectors.
As the successful candidate, you will:
- Assist the Engineering Manager and Lead Mechanical Engineer with defining and the delivery of project requirements as they relate to scope, cost and schedule
- Prepare engineering calculations for hydraulic and conveying system as well as static equipment – tanks, pressure vessels, bins and chutes
- Prepare project standard specifications and design criteria
- Prepare scopes of work, technical specifications and data sheets for mechanical equipment with input from other disciplines
- Manage packages through their whole life cycle, from specifying requirements, completing technical bid evaluations and expediting and reviewing vendor data
- Work with designers to provide engineering input to 3D model and drawing development
- Respond to technical queries raised during the construction phase and commissioning of systems on site as required
You will bring to the role:
- A recognised degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 3 – 5 years’ relevant post graduate experience
- Excellent attitude towards safety and a demonstrated ability to comply with safety requirements
- Previous experience and ability to travel and work on client sites as required
- Current knowledge and experience of mechanical engineering standards and statutory regulations
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with our internal and external clients
Why join us?
- Work with great people to make a difference
- Collaborate on exciting projects to develop innovative solutions
- Top employer
What we offer you?
- Flexible work environment
- Long term career development
- Think globally, work locally
Don't meet every single requirement? You don't need to. At Hatch, we are building a diverse, inclusive workplace that fosters innovation. If you're interested in this role, we encourage you to apply even if your past experiences don't perfectly align with the skills we've listed.
As an accredited Employer of Choice for Gender Equality (WGEA) and Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Within Australia, this includes supporting and encouraging a flexible workplace and a comprehensive benefit offering. If you have any special needs requirements, please discuss with us and we will do our utmost to accommodate your request.