Cadet Structural Designer
Job Type: Not Specified
Requisition ID: 88203
Job Category: Engineering
Location: Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia
Join a company that is passionately committed to the pursuit of a better world through positive change. With more than 65 years of business and technical expertise in mining, energy, and infrastructure, our 10,000 colleagues in 150 countries tirelessly work toward bettering the industries in which we operate. With practical solutions that are safe, innovative and sustainable, we think globally while acting locally.
Our Project Delivery Group (PDG) is a dynamic team of professionals passionately committed to world-class project delivery across the globe. With expertise in sustainable studies, asset building and operations, and industry-leading efficiencies, our best-in-class team leverages methodologies, governance and systems that are unparalleled in the engineering space. Are you looking for an opportunity to join a diverse group of professionals who are committed to remaining exceptional? We look forward to hearing from you.
Looking to take the next step in your career? Hatch is currently seeking a highly motivated Cadet Structural Designer to join our Project Delivery Group (PDG) in Newcastle.
The Cadet Structural Designer will be responsible for the production of bridges, retaining walls, culvert structures, liquid retaining structures, pump stations, marine and intake structures. The Cadet Structural Designer will maintain coordination with draftspersons and engineers within the disciplines and resources of other disciplines.
We are looking for applicants that have completed, or are currently studying a Diploma or equivalent in Engineering.
As the successful candidate, you will:
- Assist the Lead Structural Engineer with the delivery of project requirements as they relate to scope, quantities, cost and schedule
- Produce and maintain technical and engineering 3D models and 2D drawings using Bentley software
- Perform conceptual layout work under the supervision of the Lead Structural Engineer
- Develop detailed design and production of structural drawings encompassing all aspects of a underground mine, material handling and process surface facilities and public infrastructure in accordance with relevant standards and project requirements
- Equipment and layout capabilities for studies, feasibilities and final design
- Timely completion of drawings and schedules
- Adherence to project manhour budgets
- Adherence to company Standards and Procedures
- Check drawings prior to release
- Participation in formal engineering review processes
- Maintain coordination with designers and engineers within the disciplines
- Incorporate safety in design.
You bring to the role:
You have or are working towards a Diploma of Engineering or equivalent with previous experience in the use of CAD software packages an advantage. You will bring excellent communication and interpersonal skills, along with good safety awareness.
Why join us?
- Work with great people to make a difference
- Collaborate on exciting projects to develop innovative solutions
- Top employer
What we offer you?
- Flexible work environment
- Long term career development
- Think globally, work locally
Don't meet every single requirement? You don't need to. At Hatch, we are building a diverse, inclusive workplace that fosters innovation. If you're interested in this role, we encourage you to apply even if your past experiences don't perfectly align with the skills we've listed.
As an accredited Employer of Choice for Gender Equality (WGEA) and Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Within Australia, this includes supporting and encouraging a flexible workplace and a comprehensive benefit offering. If you have any special needs requirements, please discuss with us and we will do our utmost to accommodate your request.