P & ID Coordinator - Brisbane
Job Type: Not Specified
Requisition ID: 88090
Job Category: Engineering
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Join a company that is passionately committed to the pursuit of a better world through positive change. With more than 65 years of business and technical expertise in mining, energy, and infrastructure, our 10,000 colleagues in 150 countries tirelessly work toward bettering the industries in which we operate. With practical solutions that are safe, innovative and sustainable, we think globally while acting locally.
Our Project Delivery Group (PDG) is a dynamic team of professionals passionately committed to world-class project delivery across the globe. With expertise in sustainable studies, asset building and operations, and industry-leading efficiencies, our best-in-class team leverages methodologies, governance and systems that are unparalleled in the engineering space.
Looking to take the next step in your career? Hatch is currently seeking a highly motivated P&ID Coordinator to join our Project Delivery Group (PDG) in Brisbane.
We manage our clients’ entire project lifecycle from studies to building assets, operating the assets, and developing efficiencies. Join our team and become part of a community that strives for positive change– providing the best solutions for our clients’ toughest challenges!
As the successful candidate, you will:
- Be proficient in development and generation of P&ID’s.
- Produce and maintain drawings using CAD software as required as per the project specifications and instructions.
- Maintain the P&ID database.
- Ensure quality and correctness of data on drawings and database.
- Check drawings/ data prior to release.
- Ensure coordination with designers and engineers of other disciplines.
- Maintain Check-prints, history files as per project/ HATCH procedures.
- In conjunction with drafting team, carrying out preparation for both internal and external quality audits.
- Participate in quality audits.
- Comply with Hatch Engineering Procedures
You bring to the role;
- Diploma in Instrumentation/ Piping Engineering/ Mechanical or equivalent.
- Strong similar experience on projects
- Good safety awareness.
- Willingness to stretch your experience and take ownership with a quality focus.
- Openness to multitask
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience within a large project, multidisciplinary EPCM environment.
- Experience in mentoring and supervising designers.
- Exposure to software platforms like Microstation, COMOS, Projectwise and document management systems.
Why join us?
- Work with great people to make a difference
- Collaborate on exciting projects to develop innovative solutions
- Top employer
What we offer you?
- Flexible work environment
- Long term career development
- Think globally, work locally
Don't meet every single requirement? You don't need to. At Hatch, we are building a diverse, inclusive workplace that fosters innovation. If you're interested in this role, we encourage you to apply even if your past experiences don't perfectly align with the skills we've listed.
As an accredited Employer of Choice for Gender Equality (WGEA) and Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Within Australia, this includes supporting and encouraging a flexible workplace and a comprehensive benefit offering. If you have any special needs requirements, please discuss with us and we will do our utmost to accommodate your request.