Piping Designer - Brisbane
Job Type: Not Specified
Requisition ID: 88206
Job Category: Engineering
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Join a company that is passionately committed to the pursuit of a better world through positive change. With more than 65 years of business and technical expertise in mining, energy, and infrastructure, our 10,000 colleagues in 150 countries tirelessly work toward bettering the industries in which we operate. With practical solutions that are safe, innovative and sustainable, we think globally while acting locally.
Our Project Delivery Group (PDG) is a dynamic team of professionals passionately committed to world-class project delivery across the globe. With expertise in sustainable studies, asset building and operations, and industry-leading efficiencies, our best-in-class team leverages methodologies, governance and systems that are unparalleled in the engineering space. Are you looking for an opportunity to join a diverse group of professionals who are committed to remaining exceptional? We look forward to hearing from you.
Looking to take the next step in your career? Hatch is currently seeking a highly motivated Piping Designers to join our Project Delivery Group (PDG) in Brisbane.
PDG helps clients reach their business goals through a range of strong technical capabilities. We ensure world-class project delivery through the skills of our people, methodologies, governance, and systems. Our engineering and project management and construction disciplines ensure safe, efficient, and sustainable delivery of projects globally across the metals and mining, infrastructure, and energy sectors.
As the successful candidate, you will:
- Support the project kickoff meetings and site visits as required
- Assist in interpreting the plant PFDs, P&IDs and plant battery limits and constraints
- Assist with the preparation and issue of the project-specific layout design criteria (if required)
- Perform piping design activities through all phases of the project, from study through to detailed design and deliverable production
- Review, coordinate and obtain approval for all layout changes
You will bring to the role:
- Layout experience on major multi-discipline projects
- Good understanding of maintainability, constructability, safety and operating issues related to the equipment
- Good understanding of interdisciplinary dependencies in a project environment
- Strong ability to analyze consequences of layout changes and prioritize best solutions as design progresses
- Experience working with Bentley OpenPlant is desirable
- Well-developed communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills.
Why join us?
- Work with great people to make a difference
- Collaborate on exciting projects to develop innovative solutions
- Top employer
What we offer you?
- Flexible work environment
- Long term career development
- Think globally, work locally
Don't meet every single requirement? You don't need to. At Hatch, we are building a diverse, inclusive workplace that fosters innovation. If you're interested in this role, we encourage you to apply even if your past experiences don't perfectly align with the skills we've listed.
As an accredited Employer of Choice for Gender Equality (WGEA) and Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Within Australia, this includes supporting and encouraging a flexible workplace and a comprehensive benefit offering. If you have any special needs requirements, please discuss with us and we will do our utmost to accommodate your request.