Mineral Processing Engineer
Job Type: Not Specified
Requisition ID: 89643
Job Category: Engineering; Metals; Mining
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Join a company that is passionately committed to the pursuit of a better world through positive change. With more than 65 years of business and technical expertise in mining, energy, and infrastructure, our 10,000 colleagues in 150 countries tirelessly work toward bettering the industries in which we operate. With practical solutions that are safe, innovative and sustainable, we think globally while acting locally. Are you looking for an opportunity to join a diverse group of professionals who are committed to remaining exceptional? We look forward to hearing from you.
If it isn't grown, it's mined. Our mining and metals teams help our clients to safely and sustainably mine the minerals and metals used in our everyday lives. Want to play a part of innovating and optimizing the mining life cycle on greenfield and brownfield facilities? Apply today!
We have exciting openings for experienced Minerals Processing Consultants to join our friendly and supportive teams in Brisbane and Perth. You will be given the opportunity to work in collaboration with both internal staff and our clients to provide effective execution, coordination, and supervision of metallurgical/processing fieldwork as well as engineering design.
You will become involved in a wide variety of Projects - from expansion studies to greenfield ‐ design projects, and work with high profile Mining clients worldwide.
We are looking for professionals with good communication skills as writing technical reports and presenting to our clients will be a key part of this role.
As Consultants we will also appreciate your constant efforts to help us both identify and secure future Project opportunities and continue to provide new and innovative solutions to existing and new clients.
You will enjoy being out on site, and able to travel domestically and internationally to undertake field test work - ensuring the integration and optimisation of existing mining operations.
Other duties and responsibilities of the role may include:
- Process optimisation ‐ crushing, grinding, flotation, ore concentration/beneficiation,
- Process flowsheet development, equipment sizing and selection, circuit design, process flow diagrams (PFD) and process instrumentation diagrams (PID) development and review,
- Mass and metallurgical balance, mathematical modelling and simulation of comminution, flotation and concentration/beneficiation circuits,
- Throughput forecast and geometallurgical modelling,
- Studies involving pre-concentration, sensor-based bulk, and particle sorting,
- Process support during commissioning of new circuits and expansions,
- Site and remote process monitoring and support,
- Training and providing advice to clients.
We are seeking applications from candidates who are analytical by nature, solution driven and passionate about minerals processing to provide exceptional client service and team collaboration.
Ideally, our Minerals Processing Consultant will also possess the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Possess a ‘safety first’ mindset,
- Minerals Processing/Metallurgical experience with knowledge (operation and design) in the fields of comminution, classification, flotation, gravity, and magnetic separation,
- Knowledge of mathematical modelling and simulation and experience in the use of mass balance and process simulation software (e.g., JKSimMet, JKSimFloat, Limn, Bruno, SysCad, and others),
- Good interpersonal, conflict resolution and communication skills,
- Experience working in industrial sites covering production, optimisation and development projects in crushing, screening, grinding,flotation and ore concentration/beneficiation,
- Experience in circuit survey preparation and execution, sampling, laboratory and pilot test work ore characterisation, mineral liberation data analysis, grinding, flotation, and ore concentration/beneficiation.
To submit your application please click the "Apply" button below.
Unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies will not be accepted for this position.
Why join us?
- Work with great people to make a difference
- Collaborate on exciting projects to develop innovative solutions
- Top employer
What we offer you?
- Flexible work environment
- Long term career development
- Think globally, work locally
Don't meet every single requirement? You don't need to. At Hatch, we are building a diverse, inclusive workplace that fosters innovation. If you're interested in this role, we encourage you to apply even if your past experiences don't perfectly align with the skills we've listed.
As an accredited Employer of Choice for Gender Equality (WGEA) and Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Within Australia, this includes supporting and encouraging a flexible workplace and a comprehensive benefit offering. If you have any special needs requirements, please discuss with us and we will do our utmost to accommodate your request.