Senior Financial Analyst
Job Type: Not Specified
Requisition ID: 89644
Job Category: Finance
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Join a company that is passionately committed to the pursuit of a better world through positive change. With more than 65 years of business and technical expertise in mining, energy, and infrastructure, our 10,000 colleagues in 150 countries tirelessly work toward bettering the industries in which we operate. With practical solutions that are safe, innovative and sustainable, we think globally while acting locally. Are you looking for an opportunity to join a diverse group of professionals who are committed to remaining exceptional? We look forward to hearing from you.
Hatch is looking to engage a Senior Finance Analyst / Management Accountant to assist the preparation of JV accounts, Management accounts, Project Variance Analysis and reports for the Australia-Asia (AUA) region. The candidate will be a self-starter with critical thinking and the ability to work autonomously. Ability to understand contract key terms, databases and excellent excel skill is essential. Ideal candidate would be highly motivated, take ownership, keen eye for detail, excellent communication skills and aspire to be an integral member of the Finance team. The role will be based in Brisbane, Hatch’s Australia-Asia head office.
You will ultimately be responsible for providing accurate information for the preparation of monthly management reports and ad hoc reporting, audits and partake in financial system testing.
As the successful candidate you will:
- Prepare periodic and ad-hoc reports and analysis, assist with revenue recognition and Joint Venture Accounting
- Attend Monthly Project Reviews and identify potential financial implications
- Perform project variance and commercial analysis using excel, SAP data warehouse and Power BI
- Develop and maintain financial modelling, analysis, reporting and reporting solutions to support strategic and operational decision making
- Liaise with stakeholders at all levels
You bring to the role:
- Minimum of 4 years suitable finance experience
- Experience with databases and large ERP will be highly regarded
- Advanced Excel Skills
- Highly developed analytical skills and the ability to identify and deal with complex issues
- Superior oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- CPA/CA qualification favorable
Why join us?
- Key position in the Finance Team
- Become a core member of a professional, dynamic, collaborative and inclusive team
- Rare and exciting opportunity to join a leading Tier 1 Professional Services firm with an Australia Asia regional head office in Brisbane
What we offer you?
- Flexible work environment
- Long term career development
- Think globally, work locally
As an accredited Employer of Choice for Gender Equality (WGEA) and Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Within Australia, this includes supporting and encouraging a flexible workplace and a comprehensive benefit offering. If you have any special needs requirements, please discuss with us and we will do our utmost to accommodate your request.