Job Type: Full time
As a global leader in smart, healthy and sustainable buildings, our mission is to reimagine the performance of buildings to serve people, places and the planet. Join a winning team that enables you to build your best future! Our teams are uniquely positioned to support a multitude of industries across the globe. You will have the opportunity to develop yourself through meaningful work projects and learning opportunities. We strive to provide our employees with an experience, focused on supporting their physical, financial, and emotional wellbeing. Become a member of the Johnson Controls family and thrive in an empowering company culture where your voice and ideas will be heard – your next great opportunity is just a few clicks away!
Johnson Controls is the Global leader for smart, healthy, and sustainable buildings. At Johnson Controls, we’ve been making buildings smarter since 1885, and our capabilities, depth of innovation experience, and global reach have been growing ever since. Today, we offer the world’s largest portfolio of building products, technologies, software, and services; we put that portfolio to work to transform the environments where people live, work, learn and play.
- Based in Rydalmere
- Permanent full-time opportunity
- Attractive base + super + car allowance
- Career and training opportunities
- Johnson Controls has been ranked 24th of LinkedIn 2023's top companies in Australia.
About this role:
This is a Hands-On Stewardship role to manage day-to-day operations, drive financial performance and continuous improvements, and lead internal control and reporting for ADT Security Business in Australia.
You will be reporting to the Finance Director, ADT and leading the Australia ADT Financials for the ADT Security Business.
- Provide management with timely, accurate, and insightful information to drive business performance and make tactical and strategic decisions.
- Lead and supervise the month-end closing process for ADT Security Monitoring business and reporting.
- Perform monthly bridges and waterfalls.
- Evaluate and review the cost of goods sold, management of inventory/subcontractor costs, and ability to highlight exceptional margins and profitability by different LOB to management.
- Manage and control SGA costs.
- Perform monthly financial forecast for ADT management.
- Work with Shared Service organization to ensure accounting and financial control to drive compliance.
- Review the Balance Sheet and reconciliations to ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (IFRS)
- Drive streamlining of processes and continuous improvement projects.
- Drive new IT system/ERP/Tools enhancement for process automation to drive operational excellence.
- Review Employee Related like FBT, Workers’ Compensation, and Payroll Tax.
- Drive Internal Control, awareness of control, and compliance in ADT.
- Manage and work with the Internal Audit department and external auditors if needed.
- Work on various ad-hoc projects from Finance Director
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or above in Finance and/or Accounting.
- Recognized professional accountancy qualification (CA, CPA) is required.
- 10+ years’ experience in finance, accounting, and auditing-related areas with a focus on business analytics and solid accounting / financial experience.
- 8+ years of solid team management experience including outsourced / overseas Shared Service
- Strong strategical-thinking skills, decisive and logical.
- Prior experience in audit is preferred.
- Advanced Excel and data management skills are required.
- Experience in Expense management systems like Concur and FBT
- Experience in Payroll and related like Payroll tax and FBT are required
- Prior experience in ERP implementation, Value Stream Mapping, and IT automation/ tools to drive automation is highly desirable.
- Experience in working with overseas Outsourced Parties / Shared Service Centre is required
- Good knowledge of Australian tax is desired
- Ability to coach and lead Shared Service team
How to Apply
Click on the APPLY button to submit your application in confidence. Feel free to reach out for a confidential discussion on 0417 445 920- Amy.
JCI’s Diversity & Inclusion
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion starts with our values. We lead with integrity and purpose, focusing on the future and aligning with our customers’ vision for success. Our High-Performance Culture ensures that we have the best talent that is highly engaged and eager to innovate. Our D&I mission elevates each employee’s responsibility to contribute to our culture. It’s through these contributions that we’ll drive the mindsets and behaviors we need to power our customers’ missions. You have the power. You have the voice. You have the culture in your hands.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes. Any resumes sent to JCI without the request from JCI’s Talent Acquisition team will not be recognised as an introduction.
Attractive base + super + car allowance