Location: Albert Park
Job Type: Full time
Johnson Controls is the Global leader for smart, healthy, and sustainable buildings. At Johnson Controls, we’ve been making buildings smarter since 1885, and our capabilities, depth of innovation experience, and global reach have been growing ever since. Today, we offer the world’s largest portfolio of building products, technologies, software, and services; we put that portfolio to work to transform the environments where people live, work, learn and play.
About this opportunity:
Our team is growing, and we are looking for an experienced Senior Buyer for Johnson Controls’ diverse portfolio and in particular for industrial refrigeration. This role identifies, researches, evaluates, and selects suppliers that meet the organisation's standards of price, quality, timing and reliability of supply. The incumbent will act as SME in procurement area and may coach junior buyers; and also provide leadership, operational, analytical and administrative support to the business to enable JCI to execute its strategy and meet commercial and governance requirements.
- Sets operational objectives and delivers results
- Analyze and manage existing supplier panel
- Contribute to sourcing and draft specifications
- Manage tenders, analyze quotes and negotiate
- Optimize prices for pre-sale of large value projects
- Ensure technical optimization of supplier proposals
- Drive and deliver tender and post-contract savings
- Monitor service provider burden and measure risks
- Improve margins and analyze drifts
- Report regularly on sourcing and supplier evaluation
- Manage subcontracting contracts with business specificities
- Provide support for dispute resolution and to legal and accounting departments
- Present activity report to Procurement Department and Business
- Conduct agency visits, customer training and site visits
- Adhere to ethical and procurement procedures
- Participate in defining procurement strategy
- Propose and manage process simplification, new solutions and optimization.
What we look for:
- Bachelors’ Degree in Engineering (Mechanical or Electrical Engineering preferred), Materials Management, Procurement, Business Administration, or a related field
- 6+ years experience on a similar function ideally in the field of controls, fire, security, refrigeration (commerical and industrial), solutions or services in connection with materials & subcontracting purchases
- Technical knowledge of Industrial Refrigeration as well as other businesses of Johnson Controls.
- Adaptaility and flexibility in the face of a constantly changing market
- Knowledge of modern information systems, in PID schema reading, plans and ISO, Master Pack
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
If you are interested in the role, please apply now!!
JCI’s Diversity & Inclusion
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion starts with our values. We lead with integrity and purpose, focusing on the future and aligning with our customers’ vision for success. Our High-Performance Culture ensures that we have the best talent that is highly engaged and eager to innovate. Our D&I mission elevates each employee’s responsibility to contribute to our culture. It’s through these contributions that we’ll drive the mindsets and behaviors we need to power our customers’ missions. You have the power. You have the voice. You have the culture in your hands.