Asset Management, Wholesale Client Advisor, High Net Worth Distribution – Australia and NZ, Vice President
J.P. Morgan AU
Job Type: Full time
J.P. Morgan Asset Management (JPMAM) is one of the largest asset managers in the world, with assets under management of USD$2.6 trillion (as of June 30, 2022), we provide global market insights and a range of investment capabilities that few other firms can match.
JPMAM brings best in class solutions to individuals, advisors and institutions. Our global team of investment professionals provide strategies that span the full spectrum of asset classes from traditional Equities and Fixed Income to the full spectrum of Alternatives.
This position is a unique and exciting opportunity for an outstanding individual to help support the development of JPMAM’s presence in the High Net Worth (HNW) market across Australia and New Zealand.
Reporting to the Head of Wholesale Australia and NZ, and working closely with an Executive Director covering the High Net Worth channel, this role will help develop a national sales strategy for the HNW market across Private Wealth, Private Banks and Family Office in Australia and New Zealand, leveraging our institutional insights and capabilities.
The individual should have a strong network of existing client contacts across the HNW market, demonstrated sales success and proven skills in building new business.
JPMAM are seeking a team player with a demonstrable track record in sales directly related to the HNW market. We are seeking a candidate with over 10 years’ experience and indepth investment knowledge across capabilities including Equities, Fixed Income and Alternatives solutions.
The individual will seek raise the profile of JPMAM’s wholesale business, and able to deliver presentations directly to clients and in industry forums.
Key Accountabilities/ Major Responsibilities:
- Help develop and implement a successful engagement strategy for the HNW channel including positioning JPMAM as a true business partner with key clients.
- Achieve sales targets in Managed Funds, active ETFs and separate accounts, securing model portfolio inclusions with key clients.
- Be an integral part of the sales team in building the wholesale distribution capability and sales effort for J.P. Morgan Asset Management.
- Seek out and develop new business opportunities and relationships to meet sales budgets
- Champion JPMAM’s presence in the marketplace.
- The successful candidate will be a team player who also has experience in working in large multi-national organisations, and always has the clients interest top of mind.
Qualifications / Experience Required
- Tertiary qualification in Economics, Finance or other post graduate qualifications in a related discipline
Skills & Experience Required:
- A proven track record in business development in HNW Channel across managed funds and/or ETFs.
- Ideally the successful candidate will have demonstrated experience and success of developing relationships within the High Net Worth market.
- The successful candidate should have a minimum of 10 years prior experience in similar client facing roles
- Demonstrated passion for developing and nurturing client relationships
- Deep understanding of financial markets and ability to position and discuss complex financial market.
- Demonstrated expertise in investment strategies across various asset classes
- Strong understanding of the funds management industry including competitors.
- Self-motivated, able to multi-task and take initiative. Well-organized, detail oriented and adaptable to change
- Exceptional negotiation, influence and persuasive skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills as well as very strong presentation and facilitation skills
- Travel is required within Australia and internationally