Executive Assistant, Corporate & Investment Banking M&A
J.P. Morgan AU
Job Type: Full time
A successful Executive Assistant not only enjoys being an Assistant, but possesses structure, strong attention to detail, quality focus, high energy and flexibility within a fast-paced deadline driven environment. In this role you will need to work well in a team, be able to represent the group with professional courtesy and acumen, whilst delivering flawless output. Your daily routine also includes interaction with various executive level internal clients across the lines of businesses. You will need to adapt procedures, processes and techniques to complete all work in line with the department's activities and goals.
J.P. Morgan counts as its greatest asset the breadth and depth of its client base. Within Investment Banking, the firm works with a broad range of issuer clients globally across: corporations, institutions and governments, and provides comprehensive strategic advice, capital raising and risk management expertise.
The Mergers & Acquisitions team works with corporations and institutions of all sizes to structure and execute strategic deals to further their growth plans, make strategic exits or respond to activist shareholders.
Supporting the Head of M&A and team of five, including a busy Vice Chair and Executive Director, you will be heavily relied upon for all support requirements. There is also scope to be involved more broadly across stretch assignments within the business.
A friendly professional, you will be relied upon to manage and take responsibility for your stakeholders’ diary and everyday needs, effectively and proactively prioritizing to ensure the team is able to seamlessly serve the needs of their clients. You will require minimal direction whilst utilizing your strong attention to detail to navigate the support for the group.
You will be a strong communicator, both verbal and written, with an ability to work as part of a broader Executive Assistant population. You will be managing a multitude of responsibilities, people and timeframes, whilst being adept across systems, policies and procedures, in a fast-paced environment.
Reporting into the Business Support Manager, you’ll be reliable and motivated, whilst demonstrating flexibility and a ‘can-do’ attitude. A high level of confidentiality and problem-solving skills is a must, as well as being able to read your audience, use sound judgement in your decision making whilst drawing on your experience and diplomacy.
We are a corporate, client facing business, so your professionalism is required at all times.
- Maintain complex and detailed diaries across multiple time zones
- Manage the coordination and logistics of all meetings
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders
- The ability to work with a range of different personalities
- Screen incoming calls and determine the level of priority, while using caution in dispensing information
- Arrange and coordinate complicated domestic and international travel, whilst maintaining T&E policies
- Process invoices and T&E expense claims for team members. Ensure all policies are followed and items are processed within provided guidelines. Act as a subject matter expert for policies and procedures
- Assist team with new starters
- Produce high quality emails and messages to individuals at all levels of the organization
- Handle regular activities without prompting, and advise in advance with issues or delays
- Assist with printing and binding for client meetings
- Work cooperatively with other Executive Assistants across the group, in positive partnership to support each other smoothly
- Lead and coordinate on ad hoc projects as requested
- At least five years working as an Executive Assistant, ideally supporting at the Managing Director level (or equivalent) or above in an Investment Bank or other professional services environment
- Advanced ability to organize
- Tact and good judgment in confidential situations, and proven experience interacting with senior management
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Excellent telephone etiquette and ability to manage competing priorities i.e. calendar management
- Business / Secretarial College diploma or equivalent