Executive Assistant, Fund Services Operations
J.P. Morgan AU
Job Type: Full time
A successful Executive Assistant not only enjoys being an Assistant, but possesses structure, strong attention to detail, quality focus, high energy and flexibility within a fast-paced deadline driven environment. In this role you will need to work well in a team, be able to represent the group with professional courtesy and acumen, whilst delivering flawless output. Your daily routine also includes interaction with various executive level internal clients across the lines of businesses. You will need to adapt procedures, processes, and techniques to complete all work in line with the department's activities and goals.
The role is Sydney office based and will support the Head of Fund Services Operations, Asia Pacific and the immediate team. You will be a friendly professional, who will be 100% relied upon to manage and take responsibility for your stakeholder diaries and everyday needs, effectively and proactively prioritizing to ensure the team is able to seamlessly serve the needs of their clients. You will require minimal direction whilst utilizing your strong attention to detail to navigate the support for the group.
You will be a strong communicator, both verbal and written, with an ability to work as part of a broader Executive Assistant population. You will be managing a multitude of responsibilities and timeframes, whilst being adept across systems, policies and procedures, in a fast-paced environment.
You’ll be reliable and motivated, whilst demonstrating flexibility and a ‘can-do’ attitude. A high level of confidentiality and problem-solving skills is a must, as well as being able to read your audience, use sound judgement in your decision making whilst drawing on your experience and diplomacy.
We are a corporate, client facing business, so your professionalism is required at all times.
- Maintain complex and detailed diaries across multiple time zones
- Manage the coordination and logistics of all meetings
- Screen incoming calls and determine the level of priority, while using caution in dispensing information
- Arrange and coordinate complicated domestic and international travel
- Process invoices and expense claims for team members. Ensure all policies are followed and items are processed within provided guidelines. Act as a subject matter expert for policies and procedures
- Work cooperatively with other Executive Assistants across the group, in positive partnership to support each other smoothly
- Culture carrier for ANZ Security Services Operations by coordinating and leading ‘People, DE&I’ initiatives and events
Required qualifications, capabilities, skills
- At least 3-5 years working as an Executive Assistant, supporting at senior level across busy teams in an Investment Bank or other professional services environment
- Advanced ability to organize with strong attention to detail
- Tact and good judgment in confidential situations, and proven experience interacting with senior management
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills with excellent telephone etiquette
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Business / Secretarial College diploma or equivalent